Search results

1. D

For Sale - Bradley smoker

No one wants a Bradley ? Nothing wrong with it - but I sold my boat.... no salmon to smoke !
  2. D

For Sale - Bradley smoker

Have a bradley smoker to sell - the original version (non digital) - needs the cord from smoker to control unit, think they are about $20 at capital iron. Located in Sooke, could meet up in victoria area with it. $150 obo. Pm on here if interested.
  3. D

All Things COVID-19

Not quite - marine vessels over 12 people shut down for tourism - ferries have diff rules. Essential passenger vessels such as ferries reduced to 50 % capacity or other measures to comply.
  4. D

16 ft arima reviews

I had a 16' Arima for 5 years, no regrets (sold last year). 50 hp motor would do 25 mph, sometimes had issues with speed in the 2 ft ish chop, but was nice that very stable in some big swells/conditions while coming back.
  5. D

Cardboard /styrofoam shipping cooler

Cooler for airline shipping/travel. Free. Good shape, been used a few times by family. Work well with frozen fish and a couple ice packs. located in sooke, could bring it to work in esquimalt with me. text 250 418 5004
  6. D

250 crabs illegally dumped by the highway

Find the culprit - clip them between the legs. "Clip" all the poachers being caught, they would stop.
  7. D

Rods, reels, lures and misc

Everything on the table in the pic (except for shimano rod/reel) - $120 Gaff, two scotty rod holders, scotty mounting plates + hardware, 2 12lb cannonballs, 4 scotty clips - 2 and 4 ft, lures, hootchies, alvey reel w/ mono ** SOLD ** Shimano TDR 9' rod + Shimano 4000GT reel w/ mono - $60 **...
  8. D

SOLD - 2010 16' Arima Sea Chaser

Selling my boat, its been great for me, time for someone else to enjoy it. $21,000 2010 16' Arima Sea Chaser with 2009 Yamaha 50 HP 4 stroke and 2008 Yamaha 6 HP 4 stroke w/ charging module. VHF radio, stereo, Elite 5 GPS/finder, two batteries + blue sea ACR, full canvas top and bottom paint...
  9. D

Freeze crab bait?

I have been trying to put my crab bait (mainly salmon carcasses/head) into bait baskets before freezing when I can. Bait into cage, in bag to prevent dripping (and divorce), and freeze. Nice to just drop it in a trap in without trying to thaw/separate etc to fit it in when crabbing.
  10. D

Super Bowl.

I skipped halftime show and made bacon wrapped mini donuts. Time well spent.
  11. D

New Cannabis laws

When the latest electronic gadgets sell out the first day, its called a success. It's not reasonable to build up a giant stock pile as well as get production matched to ongoing needs/sales. Over time the producers will catch up, stores will catch up.
  12. D

Smoker recommendations

I used a little chief for a while, pretty good results - an extension cord would really impact the amount of heat, I also used insulating wrap in colder weather to control the temp more. I was given an older bradley now, Little Chief is yours if you have any way to get it from Sooke to Powell...
  13. D

The Otter Point Closure Line: West is West

There is a current /new rule in place not to fish west of a certain longitude, straightforward whether anyone agrees with the reason or not. There are also fishery regs that change over time regarding slot limit sizes, hatchery/wild coho, and retention of other species. I go with the...
  14. D

Clearing out the freezer of 2017 season fish

Whats your brine recipe for the hot smoked tuna (if you don't mind sharing) ?
  15. D

Kinked leader

Pool noodle x 3 . I slice up one side to push in swivel, wrap the line and set hook. Can keep them in a bucket, toss them to someone, rinse off in place - works great.
  16. D

2018 Sooke Reports

Fished wed night 5 till 8, nothing in close to possession went out deeper off secretary, small shaker than the good one 85' on rigger in 200 ish feet water. Wild just under the 85 cm limit - short but thick ! Bunch of other small ones after, and one other screamer that was gone right away.
  17. D

Keep Crab Fresh

Cook them now, keep in fridge after cooking. A short microwave for reheat works surprisingly well.
  18. D

2017 Sooke Reports

Nothing around otter for me today - went out deep looking for pinks late afternoon - ended up with two small clipped chinook out in deep water on a coho killer.
  19. D

This Solar-Powered RV Runs Without Fuel Or Charging Stations

Without any cost estimates - the "value" is not really known. But since no estimate given.... easy assumption on reality of value.
Back