Search results

1. S

Lcx-37

Hey Battle Bay, Pm sent
  2. S

Deep Cycle vs. Cranking

I have two start batteries on the 1 position and one deep cycle one the two position. Once i started the engine last weekend on the 1 position, i ran the boat for a couple hours on the both position thinking i was charging all three. Is what Whole in the water true, this is a bad idea? Should i...
  3. S

Smallest boat for Vancouver to Victoria and back on infrequent basis ?

In the past i have seen people go from Nanaimo to Vancouver in a bathtub with an outboard on the back. No homebuilt cabins on top... I havnt ever seen a bathtub in Haro Straight but hey, maybe you can be the first.
  4. S

Looking for a good Yamaha mechanic

Best yamaha man hands down that way is Chris at Forsch Marine in Sidney, 655 9265. He is factory trained and is totally on the ball and very honest.
  5. S

new boat top

I thought you were gonna do a hardtop?
  6. S

Air ride or Suspension seats

I work at a heavy truck dealership and can sell you black National 2000 seats for about $500 each new. Really nice leather Bostrom Proride 2 seats go for around $900 each. Google those and pm me if youre interested. You will need a little compressor, i should be able to track one down as well.
  7. S

yamaha 9.9 kicker

X2, Port Boat House is thebest. Ive bought 2 used and one new there over the last few years and Dave has treated me very well. Straight shooters.
  8. S

What do you think about this heater?is it safe?

Propane is heavier than air, so the tank must be in a locker where the low point is vented outside of the hull. Ive been considering putting something like this either at the back of my cockpit vented to outside or on the swim grid...
  9. S

Jugheads, do they work?

Hey ****, Lighten up. Now your calling my id fake? Get a grip. Oh wait, GET A GRIP (i know how you love capitals). Im realer than real my friend. Evan
  10. S

Jugheads, do they work?

I spent a whole trying to catch a fish in bamfield last season with no luck. At dusk I then tried alberni fishers special lure and got one! Thanks alberni fisher, i give your lure 5 stars..... (true story!)
  11. S

No Feedback Steering for kicker

Last year i removed the ez steer linking my volvo leg to my 9.9 Yamaha kicker and installed a teleflex safe-t steering rotary cable and helm on my 25' Skipjack (thanks for the help Alberni Fisher!). It worked ok but i had issues with the kicker working its way back to center while fishing. I...
  12. S

Trailer Brakes

Why is everyone so down on straight electric brakes. I have them on my trailer and they seem ok as long as you keep everything free'd up.
  13. S

Drop down canvass advise

A guy named Luke at Philbrooks in Sidney does some pretty exceptional work. Might not be the cheapest but by far the best ive seen. You get what you pay for. Also they have moorage at vanisle marina so you could run your boat over and he can do it with the boat in the water. I had one done for...
  14. S

Suicide Handles

Island Tractor in Duncan has a pretty good selection of them
  15. S

Oil in bilge, what is the best way to remove?

Put the boat on the trailer, park on a hill, remove the drain plug with a 5 gallon pail under said drain plug, wash the bilge with varsol. Washing the bilge with varsol will he made easier by removing the engine. While the engine is removed, i recommend replacing the oil pan so it doesnt happen...
  16. S

Ez Steer

Sold, thanks!
  17. S

Color GPS and Sounder for sale

Nope just mount it, put in the map chip and youre good to go.
  18. S

Ps they are located in Nanaimo
  19. S

The gps is a Garmen GPSmap 128c. It comes with an antenna and a chip for the west coast of the island as well as another chip for Juan de Fuca and East VI from Seattle to about Courtenay. Im told just the chips are worth $125 each so i figure $300 for the whole gps set up, external antenna and...
Back