Search results

1. T

2023 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Had the same on Friday. No nibble, no bite. Four in a row came up with no head or bones. Sent a fifth one down scratching my head. Was just about to reel up and check after 20 minutes and Wham!…a 30 lber hit.
  2. T

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

We had both lines down by 7am. Departed from False Creek. Both at bottom on metal. No luv on bait.
  3. T

A couple of springs at first light. Lines up by 9.
  4. T

1030 Sandheads. 480 feet of water. Got a 10 lber on bait. Same rod hit, lost fish on 2nd run by boat. Orcas everywhere, northbound. They must have pushed fish up as other boats playing as well. Quiet now for 15 minutes…. maybe for a while.
  5. T

Bottom fishing combo: Avet JX4.6 and W&M 66C

Hey, Sorry but I'm gonna pass too as I picked up n MX yesterday.
  6. T

Bottom fishing combo: Avet JX4.6 and W&M 66C

Seconds. Also interested. PM coming.
  7. T

Yamaha f250- lower end oil drip

Just a tidbit, when storing in winter, motor should be tilted all the way down.
  8. T

Best Cellphone reception

Thanks for your input. Although that's well outside the areas where I usually fish, I do hope to make it there one day. I sure hope more Bell user's chime in.
  9. T

Best Cellphone reception

Hello All, I did a search and found nothing recent. I reside in Vancouver and looking at switching phone plans. I'm looking for experiences with the different providers and see if there's any issues with getting reception while fishing along the Georgia Strait, the Gulf Islands and all the way...
  10. T

Discovery Bay Pot Hauler

Hi CD. Yes, Ive used one for 5 years. I've tried the Scotty and the the Ace, but found them to still be an issue with a fast going current. I figured if the US Navy uses it, it's gotta be good. Never had an issue with this, never blown a fuse. Advantage is also being able to grab traps at waist...
  11. T

Mounts for diy tower build

Hey All, I was gonna build my own tower 3-4 years ago but ended up getting fourfootitis and the new boat had rocket launchers. Made out of aluminum and allows one to fold the arch down for storage. Inside diameter is 1 15/16". I bought these from the US and paid over $100 US. If anyone could use...
  12. T

New outboard - extra 2 year warranty worth it

I have the same 250 hp motor along with a 9.9 purchased in 2015. The 250 has been problem free but the 9.9 trim tilt had to be replaced last year ($800), the idle was too high and had to be adjusted and this year, the 9.9 would not go into reverse. Chose the 5 year warranty and all is good. Not...
  13. T

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Sandheads, noon to dusk. Two 17's and a 14. Also 1 pink released. Beauty day out there...
  14. T

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Your not the only one. There's a ton of them...
  15. T

2009 Honda question

Had a 2009 115hp Honda on the back of an 2009 18' foot aluminum for 3 years (2012-2015), not one issue. I see the new owner now and again and no problems reported.
  16. T

Halibut Anchor Scotchman Size

A3 and I use a delta style 14lb anchor. 3/8" three strand nylon rope (400 foot and 200 foot sections). Also only use 15' section of 3/8" chain on a 22 foot boat.... has yet to let go.
  17. T

Vainer park boat launch

West ramp. No barricades... looks open. Pic taken apt 2:15. Guessing tide is at 3 feet. Didn't have boat with me. Stood at the end of the dock and stuck a 6 foot stick in the water, about 4 1/2 feet got wet. Thinking it's launchable at a 3 foot tide now, maybe even less.... perhaps wishful...
  18. T

airmar 1k transducer

I'm not sure what head unit you are running but I just got back from Harbour Chandler and the kind lady behind the counter informed me that the issues they have had particularly with the Lowrance 12 Gen 2 series was that the 1KW transducer kept blowing a diode or something. Apparently a guide...
  19. T

Power Trailer Dolly

This one on CL uses the mount on the ball hitch. Far better with the mount on the frame. You can just fabricate one....
Back