Search results

1. Deejray

Riviera maya - mid April

That's awesome! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Will be down that way in April also. Had to gift my wife and I though lol
  2. Deejray

Bamfield Road

Can launch at poett nook and park up the hill. Always lots of parking.
  3. Deejray

Bamfield Road

Friends were just out there. It's mint
  4. Deejray

Cuts of meat on sale

I do a month at a time of carnivore a couple times a year and costco is the most cost effective typically. Just buy a big strip and cut down like samnjoe does. I've purchased quarters and halves before but you have to have the freezer space. The other more important point for me was the fact...
  5. Deejray

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

they dont make a 24 anymore. 2023 demo 26ft is 400 plus
  6. Deejray

Heat Pump Questions

do you have a crankcase heater? if not that could be an issue. refrigerant migrates to the coldest spot which in this case would be the compressor, this causes a hard start which could in turn cause a failure with your compressor.
  7. Deejray

Heat Pump Questions

I would echo SC's questions regarding brand of unit and cause of compressor failure. Likely you'll have an r410a system if it's only 10 years old. Typically the lifespan on hvac is 12 to 15 years. The concern of losing a condenser fan motor is not a big deal however, depending on the brand...
  8. Deejray

Lets see your best Friend

Here's my fishing buddy. Love's being on the boat and gets as excited as I do when we land a fish.
  9. Deejray

Mistakes

Brand new boat after having had my previous boat for 10 years and set up perfectly... day 1 fishing get the first rod out and hook up the flasher.... dammit forgot lures. the next day out, triple checked and lures on board. Set everything up and turn to where i used to keep my scotty clips...
  10. Deejray

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

we've been going deeper, 300 plus but pickings are slim for sure. Hosie Islands was the last place we tried but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze
  11. Deejray

Cell phone holder

Exact one I use. Works awesome in my truck and boat!
  12. Deejray

Patches

My wife used to take pills, ginger etc and would still get seasick. Discovered the relief band and bought one just to try put. Works like a charm. She can even go offshore with me now.
  13. Deejray

Where to launch ( lower fraser river ) ?

steveston is good since they have locking gates, prepay. nice launch there. Macdonalds beach is "locked" overnight also but launch/retrieve at mid to high tide only. Alternatively, captains cove in ladner is good and free.
  14. Deejray

Cuts of meat on sale

Superstore in Richmond has chicken thighs at 4.34/kg and an additional 30% off *Edit* should read drumsticks not thighs... Guess I had thighs on the mind
  15. Deejray

Sea Runner 190 or 210?

I spent last summer fishing as far as 15 mile in bamfield in a 20' Duckworth Pac Nav sport, took it offshore at Nootka in years past. Was ok but definitely had to pick and choose the days before heading offshore. Fished 2 to 6 adults ranging from 165 to 280 lbs. Upgraded to a 24ft Pac Pro...
  16. Deejray

Car Air Conditioning Help

Yes would have to pull the charge to change it out. It's a good start as it's good practice to change the drier when opening the system to atmosphere. Do you have a vacuum pump for after you're done?
  17. Deejray

Car Air Conditioning Help

Based on pressures you indicate and the way they change it's probably a restriction. likely the metering device or filter drier is plugged.
  18. Deejray

Ice at Poett Nook

I'll be there this weekend. I know it's regular ice but i'll check on bag size.
  19. Deejray

Paper Marine Charts

I'm out of town this week for work but if you still have them come next week I'd love to take them some your hands!
  20. Deejray

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

From their website: Length: 27ft 4in Beam: 10ft 6in Deadrise: 20 degrees Power: Twin or single engine. Up to 700HP aka Monstrous beam
Back