Search results

1. Da Bay Bye

Tip of the hat to Boatland Campbell River techs

I was having some problems with my newer 60 HP Honda not getting past 10 knots at full throttle. I tried tracing all fuel related issues from tank to motor even trying a new fuel tank to ensure all was clean. I checked fuel filter and fuel lines to the fuel pump and all was clean. I called...
  2. Da Bay Bye

Steering arm help

Looking for suggestions/help about a steering issue on my new to me boat. I can turn the motor about 40 degrees port with no issues but only about 15 degrees starboard. The linkage arm hits the side of the motor well. The link arm is 12 inches long. I tried to find a shorter Honda linkage but...
  3. Da Bay Bye

Phil my boat for sale

Selling my 15 ft Fibreform named PHIL. 50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke, great compression and runs great. Good solid boat, VHF FM radio and wired for Scotty downriggers. Also has back slope cover as well as storage cover. Allspeed aluminum trailer with new axle and bearings in 2016. Papers in hand. $3500
  4. Da Bay Bye

2 Scotty gunnel downrigger mounts

I have 2 new Scotty right angle downrigger gunnel mounts for sale. Just bought 2 week ago but have changed my setup. $50 each. (Comox)
  5. Da Bay Bye

Weather Buoy Georgia Strait North

There is another weather buoy between Comox and Powell River. Provides lots of weather and water related data. Check it out. http://206.162.191.26/sitewebbouee/NORTH-AJAX-2_an.php
  6. Da Bay Bye

Boat Safety Chain

My Public Service Announcement Just a reminder to fellow boaters out there that the safety chain on your boat trailer that connects your boat to your trailer should always be connected until you have your boat in the water and it should be connected again when you recover your boat before you...
  7. Da Bay Bye

Engine Troubles 50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke

Looking for suggestions with my 2 stroke 50 HP Yamaha. Started have some rough running last month that morphed into loss of power at full throttle. Suspected it was a fuel problem so I put some new gas in and it seemed to cure the issue. Next time out it ran great for 30 minutes but then really...
  8. Da Bay Bye

VHF FM 16 - Stupid People

I was out Saturday afternoon in the Kitty Coleman area and was angered by a few things. Someone blocked channel 16 for about 3 minutes while they played a recording of Bagpipe music. That was not funny and I am sure the Coast Guard were not amused. They have a hard enough time with people...
  9. Da Bay Bye

Wanted, Lower leg 87 50 HP Yamaha

My lower leg is showing it's age but the power head is as strong as ever. I am looking for a lower leg to fit a 1987 Yamaha, 50 HP, ELH model. I am in Comox Thanks Don
  10. Da Bay Bye

Boat size for Nootka Sound area

I have been on this site for the last few years and have never ventured anywhere other than around the Comox area. I would like to try the Gold River-Nootka Sound area this year. My boat is a 15 ft Fibreform (looks like a Hourston). Is it worthwhile towing it to Gold River and heading to Nootka...
  11. Da Bay Bye

Outboard motor welding

I have a question with regard to welding on a older 50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke. My motor is a 1987 ELH and cracking has started on the forward portion of the lower leg just in front of the water intakes (the area where the water muffs go on) It maybe old but the motor runs like a champ. Does...
  12. Da Bay Bye

Downrigger release clip leader

How long should the release clip leader be? Mine used to be around 18 inches but I just changed it out to a 4 ft leader to try and avoid lifting the boom arm and cannon ball. I have not gone fishing with it but would like to know if anyone has any issues with the longer leaders. Don
  13. Da Bay Bye

Lowrance Elite 5 HDI to SH GX1600 radio

I am trying to connect my Lowrance fishfinder Elite 5 HDI to my Standard horizon GX 1600 so my radio can display the GPS position. I have done some searching online and don't understand how to make this happen. Am I just missing something here? I would think that the "extra wires" on each...
  14. Da Bay Bye

Wanted - Lower gear case 50 HP Yamaha

Wanted - Lower gear case 40-50 HP Yamaha Hi folks I am looking for a lower gear case for my 1987 Yamaha 50 HP. From my understanding the 40 and 50 HP from 1984-1991 use the same gear case. Let me know if you have one and how much. Thanks Don
  15. Da Bay Bye

Comox area 2014

Fished around the Lazo marker bouy last night and managed a double header of two 20lb Chinooks. From what I have been hearing, the fishing around Lazo has been pretty good.
  16. Da Bay Bye

Free Humminbird DX200 Fishfinder

I have a Humminbird 200DX fishfinder to give away. It does require a new transducer. Yours if you want it. All the parts are with it. Phil my boat
  17. Da Bay Bye

Fishfinder suggestions.

My fishfinder has crapped out so I am looking for a new one. I am limited to around $700. Any suggestions? I am considering the Lowrance Elite 5 HDI Gold. It has the coastal maps included and runs around $700. The transducer is an 83/200. Thanks for any input. Don
  18. Da Bay Bye

Shore casting Comox-Little River

I tried my hand at shore fishing yesterday near the Little River Ferry terminal because it was just too windy for launching a boat. It turned out to be a productive 2 hours of casting buzz bombs. There were some fish around including a few springs. I manged to catch 2 coho and watched a...
  19. Da Bay Bye

VHF channel 16 reminder

I was out fishing today and for some reason, channel 16 was a mess. It appeared that someone must have had a "hot mike". When it finally cleared Coast Guard asked that everyone check their equipment in an attempt to eliminate the problem. Channel 16 is the emergency channel. If you hear that...
  20. Da Bay Bye

50 HP Yamaha Tach problem

Just looking for advise on a Tachometer issue with my 1987, 50 Hp Yamaha, 2 cycle. Motor starts fine and runs fine but my tach just pegs hard over when it starts and just stays there. When I shut the engine off, the tach goes back to zero. I like to use the tach to gauge my trolling speed...
Back