Search results

1. Fishstalkers

2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Got an 80 cm white spring this morning out by big hump. Caught on rubber herring at 165 feet about 6am. Lost two others on plug. Didn’t see much bait.
  2. Fishstalkers

2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Ya...same for me. Tried everything in my tackle box. Lots of bait on surface early morning and bottom 100 feet. Got one good size coho and a decent hit on a Rhys Davis large rubber herring. Tides and bite times getting better this week morning...be back out Tuesday.
  3. Fishstalkers

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fished the Little Q Sunday am. Very slow. Saw 2 caught and we got one about 12 pounds. Pink hootchie at 45 feet in 80 feet of water. Fish was nice and silver. Some rain should bring them in. Anyone fishing the humps or FC area?
  4. Fishstalkers

Talked to a Fisheries officer Friday morning at French Creek and even he admitted the new 2 Chinook per day along shoreline is a confusing reg.
  5. Fishstalkers

Sloppy SW chop...just came in.
  6. Fishstalkers

I believe it is called Rob's PN&T spseial.
  7. Fishstalkers

Thanks for advice to use plugs...
  8. Fishstalkers

M[/GALLERY]Got this one today on a plug at 200 ft in 230 ft of water SE side of large hump.
  9. Fishstalkers

Was out fishing FC 4 days ago before winds came up. Had 3 or 4 super hard hits and were off in less than 10 seconds. Thought something was wrong with hooks or just bad luck. A friend said they are smacking the flasher only and check for teeth marks. Sure enough flashers are pretty scratched up...
  10. Fishstalkers

There have been some postings lately about where our fish caught out here (FC) are from. My biggest fish so far this year was a 19 pound hatchery white spring. It was 4 years old and came from the Chehalis River in Washington.
  11. Fishstalkers

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Yes, I remember your boat. I only got one fish that day on anchovy, bloodnose glow holder at 50 feet. You know for me the river fishing changes every year. This year is the year of the anchovies, last year I got most of my fish at 90 to 100 feet on green and white spoons. The year before was...
  12. Fishstalkers

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Great info Coyotespoon. Thanks. The only thing I would add is I get more hookups with super sticky sharp hooks.
  13. Fishstalkers

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Howdy was out two nights ago. Lots of bait, good evening bite. Got two springs about 10 pounds in 200 feet of water in front of Columbia beach. Fish moved into the shallows about 8pm. Bite was from 7pm to 9pm. Got them on a large green and white spackleback hootchie.
  14. Fishstalkers

Yes, a camera and weather station to log into at FC would a great idea. They have cameras all over the place down there. Worthwhile talking to them about I think. Going to try fishing the high tide tomorrow morning if weather cooperates.
  15. Fishstalkers

Howdy hedgehog. I was ready to try FC this morning also but stayed in because of winds. I find the Webcams on Big Wave Dave's helpful, both the Columbia beach and San Pareil cameras. I also found a free program on the net called Wind Predict which is pretty good most times and fairly accurate. A...
  16. Fishstalkers

Prawning nanaimo-gabriola

Weight in traps Notice in choppy weather that trap closes to float does the poorest. Someone told me if the trap is moving up and down from wave action it will scare prawns away. Started putting a 5 or 7 pound lead weight about 10 feet in front of trap to stop it from moving on rougher days...
  17. Fishstalkers

Prawning nanaimo-gabriola

I use the square traps also. Never used the round stacking type so can't compare. I agree with my limited years of hunting for prawns that location is the main ingredient.
Back