Search results

1. S

Finally

That is plenty fast enough. It's not a race. My buddy has had a 22 for 15 years. Great boat.
  2. S

Finally

Very seaworthy boats. Not fast but extremely safe.
  3. S

Paramount Bait Bag

We fished live herring out of Garden Bay starting when I was probably 10 years old over 50 years ago. We used a bucket.
  4. S

Guiding: QCL or Rivers Inlet Sportman’s Club

My kid made a lot more guiding than his buddies did working in the patch all summer. Wages plus great tips.
  5. S

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The fire sale hasn't quite started yet. Most of the big Kingfisher are Alberta driveway decorations. Give it another 6 months.
  6. S

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

I usually cooperate with the creel count girls. I did refuse once when she wanted me to lay my fish out in the hot sun. I asked that she did the check in my fish box. She moved on to the next boat.
  7. S

Guiding: QCL or Rivers Inlet Sportman’s Club

My son guided 4 years while going to university. Go for the place with the biggest covered boats. Preferably head and heat.
  8. S

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

I fish 50 days a year on the salt and about the same in fresh. I haven't been checked for at least 10 years. I will probably stick to paper licenses. Very reliable. Never get hacked.
  9. S

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

DFO...Enemy of Fish and Fishermen!!! Needs to be a T shirt and boat sticker
  10. S

Downrigger not laying cable on spool evenly?

Turn it downward slightly. It will fix you right up.
  11. S

2024 Halibut Fisheries Notice

Just curious were does the FN catch fit in with the allowable overall catch?
  12. S

Furuno Plotter and radar

I've upgraded my electronic so I am selling my old stuff. Furuno NavNet VX2 Plotter with 24 inch closed radome. Need a new GPS antenna. The old one works but it is it of date so date and tides are out. Aside from that everything works fine. Includes all cables, mapping for entire west coast, and...
  13. S

Centre Cabin walk around vs. Centre Console

Full Cabin with door, heat, fridge, stove, sink, hot water, shower, bunk for 2. So much to explore on our rain coast. Been doing it for 30 years.
  14. S

What's for dinner tonight ?

We spent a lot of time down in China town back in the day before you had to step over the junkies
  15. S

Connecting Cable to Mono on Downrigger

Sh#$ disturber!!!
  16. S

What's for dinner tonight ?

What temp and how long? We used to get this a lot in China town. One of my favorites.
  17. S

Vacation in British Columbia/ Alberta - some kindly questions

I live in Kamloops. Our trout season begins as soon as the ice is off in about 2 weeks. I am hopelessly addicted to Stillwater trout fishing so I have some knowledge. You can PM me anytime or when you are coming thru Kamloops and I can help you out. Bring a flyrod with a floating line if you can.
  18. S

I'll stick with braid. My problem is I catch too many fish. Thinking of dulling my hooks.
  19. S

Yes I know. I used wire for years as well. Caught fish with both.
Back