Search results

1. aheny

Wanted: ladder/boat rack for pickup

I need a rack for a 2018 Silverado crew cab with a 6.6 box. most of the time I'll be carrying an extension ladder on it but I also would like to be able to carry my 12 foot harbercraft. Must be in great condition or brand new. Anybody have any leads on reasonable priced racks? I'm not looking...
  2. aheny

Wtb prawn traps

I'm looking for stainless steel stackable prawn traps, good condition. Will consider 4 square traps as well.
  3. aheny

For sale/trade Coast DR 1.0 reel blue

I have a barely-used coast Dr one, already spoiled with 300 yards of 50lb braid backing and a hundred yards of 40 lb mono. I use a set of four identical amundson reels so this one will never get used by me. I'm looking to trade for great condition prawning gear, bait cast reel(s), or...
  4. aheny

Eclipse fishing anecdotes

I'm Always curious about the effect of things like eclipses on the behavior of fish, but it's obviously impossible to collect sufficient data to figure out anything worthwhile. So at the very least we could exchange stories about our personal experiences. I was trolling at the Sand heads today...
  5. aheny

Silva Bay Derby

I have four tickets I can't use, if anyone's interested let me know.
  6. aheny

Line puller recommendations

I'm looking to get a new line puller. I've only ever used Scotty's, and I'd prefer something more automatic, where I can just focus on spooling the line instead of pulling on the puller. Any recommendations?
  7. aheny

Area 28 rockfish current regulations

I noticed that rockfish aren't listed as closed currently in area 28. I'm assuming it's a mistake in DFOs rollout of their website. I've called several people at dfo and scoured their website the best I can. Has anyone else noticed any specific regulation for rockfish which is currently listed...
  8. aheny

("SOLD") FREE Mercury Long shaft 15hp kicker

I think you can get it running. If not its a good parts motor. All I ask is that you take it home before you "check it over." I want to save myself the hassle of having people come and look at it. If you know somebody who really needs it and cant afford one that would be best. Mid-Late 80s...
  9. aheny

Coast DR 1.0 5" mooching reel for sale

My "islander knockoff" Coast DR 1.0 blue mooching reel is for sale. Comes spooled with 300yd of 50# power pro and 100yd of 30" mono. It's in excellent condition. Retail $599 $350 lower mainland
  10. aheny

Rigged prawn traps

I have some fully rigged prawn sets available. High quality stainless stackable traps, 2 per set spaced 50' apart. Comes with Scotsman, 450' of leaded line, trap weights, line weight, bait cups, and all knots tied. Fully rigged and ready to go. Lower mainland $375 each
  11. aheny

Boat carpentry help wanted - shelter island

I'm rearranging the interior of a 23' boat and am looking for some help/advice with the carpentry. Framing, joining, material selection. I'm hoping to pay in guided (licensed) fishing trips but we can discuss the rate. I'm at shelter island for at least another week
  12. aheny

Dual helm v drive with kicker

I'm working on a 23' uniflite v-drive and am curious what my options are as far as steering. I have cable steering running from the pilot house to the rudder. On the fishing deck there is a second cable steering setup for the kicker (on the swimgrid). Is there a simple way to steer both the...
  13. aheny

WTB Hardtop mount rod holder

I'm looking for a 6 rod holder for on top of a hard top. Anyone have any suggestions or one they want to sell?
  14. aheny

Lower mainland halibut

If I wanted a good chance at some decent halibut from the lower mainland, how far would I need to go? Is there anywhere near the Juan de Fuca?
  15. aheny

Bottom Fishing around Delta

Is there any bottom fishing to be done around Delta? Sandheads, Coal port, etc. I am looking to try something else, like flounder.
  16. aheny

Ideas for 13-14' fishing boat

After a few trips with the family, we have decided that our 24' Campion doesnt suit our needs. On family trips we are mainly camping/touring the gulf islands, and the planing hull totally doesnt suit this purpose. When I do go fishing, it isnt with the entire family, so I am looking to get...
  17. aheny

Preparing Salmon Roe

I kept a pile of Roe from a Spring I caught yesterday, and was wondering if anyone has advice on what to do with it? Is it any good in the ocean (Sand Heads, T10 area). How do you recommend preparing and presenting it?
  18. aheny

Steveston, north side of Jetty

Anyone else who does a lot of fishing out of Steveston knows the time wasted driving all the way out to the end of the jetty just so you can turn north and head for T10, Vancouver, or wherever else you are going. I went out yesterday at low tide in my dinghy, and charted the deepest water for...
  19. aheny

aquamarine tender

I picked up an older 10' aquamarine inflatable and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this specific brand? I am curious what you have found the durability of the transom attachment is? Its rated for 110lb 10hp and I am planning on mounting a 70ish lb 4 stroke 9.9
  20. aheny

orca on our maiden voyage

Took our new (to us) 24' campion on a trip from ladner to thetis island last weekend. It was my wife and step daughter's first time on the ocean, and we were in for a treat on our way over. A pod of orca were playing in polier pass. We watched them for a bit, and then went to leave...
Back