Search results

1. aheny

Prop guy in Richmond

I've known hundreds of people that have used them and you're the first one with a negative experience that's told me about it. I'm curious what happened. Did you get lost in the shuffle?
  2. aheny

Prop guy in Richmond

They've done all my props for me, 24 to 26 foot boats. Great prices and quick turnaround time. my current boat even has a bit of cupping on the prop to give me a little bit more fuel economy and speed, they were able to maintain the cupping while bringing the prop back into spec
  3. aheny

Prop guy in Richmond

You don't mean Osborne propellers? I've never heard of the other guys
  4. aheny

Wanted: ladder/boat rack for pickup

I need a rack for a 2018 Silverado crew cab with a 6.6 box. most of the time I'll be carrying an extension ladder on it but I also would like to be able to carry my 12 foot harbercraft. Must be in great condition or brand new. Anybody have any leads on reasonable priced racks? I'm not looking...
  5. aheny

What to do when a Seller ghosts you?

If it's been more than a week of ignoring you i would just go to small claims court. I'm pretty sure it will have to be at the location the transaction occurred though.
  6. aheny

Hagfish slime - how to clean off mesh.

Can't find the video, but here's a still from it. What a disgusting creature
  7. aheny

SOLD SOLD SOLD 2005 Grady White 282

I don't mean to derail your thread, but I'm curious to know what you have planned next
  8. aheny

Educate me on prawning pls

Just in case you guys haven't noticed the new regs, throwing back females with eggs is no longer optional. possessing them is now illegal in the same way that possessing female crabs is illegal. I'm sure the other guys mentioned it, but don't forget to put a weight at the bottom of your prawn...
  9. aheny

Stuff other people should buy, since you're too busy, broke, or have one.

I'm guessing he didn't know what it was when he found it floating in the ocean somewhere. Why does somebody have a Mooring Buoy in 250 feet of water? Lol
  10. aheny

One million dollars

I would spend my million dollars producing a documentary to spread the good word about the wonderful healing effects of seal meat. You may not be aware, but 100% of the people who eat any amount of seal meat never experience: erectile dysfunction, premenstrual cramps, cancer, diabetes, male...
  11. aheny

A tuna run gone wrong

I talked to my insurer about operating my vessel commercially offshore, or sounded extremely complicated and expensive, with a completely different list of equipment, such as a raft, satellite epirb and better communication equipment, and they weren't even sure that TC would approve. I never...
  12. aheny

A tuna run gone wrong

How is it funny? Your letter is proof that it's a completely different game out there. You'd be surprised how many things in Maritime law reference that boundary. Was your 75nm add-on underwritten by Lloyd's?
  13. aheny

A tuna run gone wrong

I'm pretty sure Bayliner (or anybody) would recommend that you get your boat surveyed at reasonable intervals. not to mention the fact that he's more than 25 nautical miles offshore which changes everything liability wise (you're pretty much on your own out there)
  14. aheny

Vedder fishing (when do I get the fish?)

Of course, they can't be consistent lol. I've never actually retained a fresh water salmon before, but I'm glad I know that now, thanks
  15. aheny

Vedder fishing (when do I get the fish?)

I'm not sure about the comment on keeping the head attached. That's only necessary if the filet to tail does not reach the minimum size. For example if you catch a chinook which needs to be 62 cm long, as long as the filet with tail attached is more than 62 cm long you are free to dispose of...
  16. aheny

Poor Man's Autopilot System

Have you checked with BC Ferries? They might want it for one of their new ships
  17. aheny

Netflix+Battlefish=Entertainment. Hint - albi fishin

I love these shows, the producers add a little bit of artificial drama but it's not so terrible that it's unbelievable.
  18. aheny

Wtb prawn traps

I'm looking for stainless steel stackable prawn traps, good condition. Will consider 4 square traps as well.
  19. aheny

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Lots of Chinook bycatch. I probably give the South arm another 5 days to recover after those guys are done if you're after springs
  20. aheny

For sale/trade Coast DR 1.0 reel blue

I have a barely-used coast Dr one, already spoiled with 300 yards of 50lb braid backing and a hundred yards of 40 lb mono. I use a set of four identical amundson reels so this one will never get used by me. I'm looking to trade for great condition prawning gear, bait cast reel(s), or...
Back