Search results

1. Jencourt

New seats on the to do list

Hi everyone: Has been a minute since I logged in on here last. As the title says, I am looking at replacing my pedestal helm seats. Lots to choose from after doing a couple google searches. Thought I would try here for suggestions on a decent seat that will not break the bank. Any...
  2. Jencourt

Smoked salmon shipping?

It is so good that between the time I took it out of smoker until after letting it rest for a day and vacuum sealing it, there was 50 pieces less than I started with. Funny how that works.
  3. Jencourt

Smoked salmon shipping?

Just finished a batch of Nog’s smoked salmon gummy recipe. Got it vacuum sealed and was wanting to express mail a sample from Comox to Burnaby. Will it be ok for three days sealed but not refrigerated? Thanks:
  4. Jencourt

Where am I?

I think I know that spot
  5. Jencourt

DFO 2020 Halibut Fishery Announcement & Regs

I was one of those who attended as an observer. Although I had to step away from time to time, I was able to sit for all but 2-3 hours over the course of two very full days. Ironically I had to attend to an urgent call and ended up missing the vote on what would be the motion going forward...
  6. Jencourt

Reel West Coast

Just watched today’s episode. Fishing entrance island in Nanaimo. I think Brendan and Jason did a good job of getting the public fishery and the MSF message out . Kudos to them for doing so .
  7. Jencourt

Roger that. Got a couple return emails on this from DFO today as well .
  8. Jencourt

Actually that is not the data I am asking for. What I am trying to get my hands on is any and all info specifically on how much TAC is used by non resident anglers. You get no argument from me on disliking the XRQ. I think I have been pretty clear on how I feel about it over the years...
  9. Jencourt

Actually that is not the data I am asking for. What I am trying to get my hands on is data on or info specifically on how much TAC is used by non resident anglers??? You get no argument from me on disliking the XRQ. I think I have been pretty clear on how I feel about it over the years. Hate...
  10. Jencourt

I do agree that it is poorly designed and implemented. I also agree that it is bad for us to monetize access for Canadians to access Canadian TAC . Not bad for us to monetize foreign anglers access if done as suggested through commercial quota that is designed to be exported anyway. To be fair...
  11. Jencourt

Another example that supports the suggestion that it is time to look seriously at working towards a refined version of the XRQ for Non Canadian residents that wish to retain a Halibut from Canadian waters. How would it work? What would the benefits be? Key points: : Put more of the Canadian...
  12. Jencourt

may sturgeon stag trip

I have witnessed this very event.
  13. Jencourt

I get what you are saying. I also see yet again another post that highlights what drives the decision making, who matters and who doesn’t. There are lots of reasons why starting big will never get done. Some valid, others not so much. Most of us on here know what they are. No need to list it...
  14. Jencourt

I would think that getting DFO to give more flexibility in the wording of COL should be a priority now more than ever in regards to Halibut. With such a strong likelihood of travel restrictions for 2021 why would we go with 133 max on the hybrid? Would it not be better for everyone if we tried...
  15. Jencourt

Would this not require a significant change in wording to the condition of licence ?
  16. Jencourt

For what it is worth, I agree that relaxed regs will equate to some folks getting back to it after a regulation induced absence. Even within my small circle there are a few that gave up coming over for a halibut specific trip due to regs. I don’t know that it would be enough to hurt us, but...
  17. Jencourt

may sturgeon stag trip

I second this. Fished with Sturgeon Hunter in 2019. We fished with Steve the owner and he did not let us down. 10 fish the first day only 1 under 5 feet. An 8'6" and a 7'9" topped it off.Much of the same the second day, 7'1" being the winner. He will accommodate 5 people. You can ask him to give...
  18. Jencourt

Where am I?

Ugh. That’s not good. Hope no one was hurt.
Back