Search results

1. RevyFisher

Sockeye Dumping

Wish it would also make it on the news hour rather than just on radio talk show so it would get a wider audience.
  2. RevyFisher

Campion EX, last year made in Canada?

I've been eyeing up the EX 22 as well. Looks like a perfect cross for fishing but water sports too. Love to know as well what people think of it that own one.
  3. RevyFisher

Shout Out

Not sure if this is allowed and if not my apologies and admin please remove. I was in Sooke early August for our shortest trip there ever with a total of 7 days and with family days sightseeing left us only 4 days on the water. Day 1 as we approached Otter Point the motor alarm goes off. Stop...
  4. RevyFisher

2021 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Ooops posted this to the archive reports. Got out for our first day this morning for a couple hours as we wanted a fresh dungy lunch. So we dropped the traps outside Port Ed and trolled along Smith Island while they soaked. Picked up a 7 lbs coho and a 15 lbs Spring in quick order. Coho on...
  5. RevyFisher

2018 Prince Rupert Fishing Report

Got out for our first day this morning for a couple hours as we wanted a fresh dungy lunch. So we dropped the traps outside Port Ed and trolled along Smith Island while they soaked. Picked up a 7 lbs coho and a 15 lbs Spring in quick order. Coho on purple onion and lime hootchie at 50'. Spring...
  6. RevyFisher

Awesome post! Got us so excited for our trip. We head there Monday. Fingers crossed we get seas like you had.
  7. RevyFisher

I'll be in the area fishing as well August 4-12th in a smokercraft. Happy to share info with others as it sounds like there's a few of us that'll be visiting around the same time. Wife grew up there and been a number of years since we fished it so can't wait to get back out on the water.
  8. RevyFisher

Downrigger installation help

Went with your suggestion and drilled holes in the Scotty base plate so i could re-use the existing Cannon holes. Figured if it weakened or cracked the Scotty base plate it would be cheap enough to buy another and try one of the other suggestions. Turns out the Cannon plates are solid aluminum...
  9. RevyFisher

If I understand you correctly I was hoping to do that but the Scotty plate is larger as seen in the first pic. I could use two of the holes but then the other two will either have to be off one side or the other and also not sure how strong that plastic Scotty base will be if it's not supported...
  10. RevyFisher

Pics uploaded in original post now. Thanks!
  11. RevyFisher

Just uploaded several. Thanks for any help.
  12. RevyFisher

Finally replacing the Cannon downrigger with a Scotty but the Scotty base plate is slightly larger and it won't fit between the trim running down both sides of the gunnel on my 19' Smokercraft Ultima. I can place it equally over both trim but then have a small gap under the plate with all the...
  13. RevyFisher

2021 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Fished it the last week of July in 2019 and we had no fog the entire week. Maybe we got lucky. We had calm waters and sunshine. Fishing was hit and miss. One day we got Coho and pinks then next day had to scratch up the odd one. Halibut and ling fishing was good.
  14. RevyFisher

WTB: New Scotty Downrigger

What are you selling? Age? How much?
  15. RevyFisher

WTB: New Scotty Downrigger

I'm tired of my Cannon's failing and trying to find a store that still has them available. I think I'd ideally like the 1101 or 1106 models. Steveston marine shows the best deal and I ordered online only to get an email saying they're sold out. Seems to be the case everywhere I order online and...
  16. RevyFisher

WANTED/BUY - Cannon Mag10 circuit board

Great idea. Thanks for the tip!
  17. RevyFisher

WANTED/BUY - Cannon Mag10 circuit board

No luck. The warranty dealer in Courtenay said they're no longer available.
  18. RevyFisher

Kamloops Lake Chinook

Have you heard anything lately on little shu? Last chance this weekend. Wondering if its starting to fill up with the adams run or whether its pretty much a bust this year.
  19. RevyFisher

SOCKEYE FN ILLEGAL HARVEST

I was shocked to see that DFO actually went public with this. We should be happy at least to see this being made public. Would have loved to see more investigative reporting on this to uncover what exactly DFO has done about it. Did they have nets, vehicles and everything else used to illegally...
  20. RevyFisher

Kamloops Lake Chinook

I've got a boat and gave the South T a try a few yrs ago thinking it would save a pile of driving but all the ones I saw in peoples coolers were black boots and nothing I'd ever want to keep. Majority of the Springs on the Thompson are still nice and bright very rare they're dark especially the...
Back