Search results

1. M

Double Eagle project?

Papers showed already I'm impressed. Boat is registered! I'm going to try and explain this best I can. In the pictures you can see the cut out of the transom. The wood goes right across, but only at that height. I want a kicker mount there oj the left but it's just thin layer of fibreglass. I...
  2. M

Double Eagle project?

Ok thanks hookinup. I am super excited to go but I'm hesitant having great back up motor at home.I would probably be fine just would hate to run into a problem. I know kinda lame, but safety first right
  3. M

Double Eagle project?

The guy who had the kicker mount bailed and decided to keep it,anyone know economical place to get one and someone to install
  4. M

Double Eagle project?

Oh wow really? Ok thanks I will
  5. M

Double Eagle project?

Yes, if you look at where the main motor is, I suspect the transom carries all the way across at that height. I don't know if the kicker would even be reachable at the height. I am hoping it can made strong enough to support one,I was given steer rod set up so I could run the kicker steering...
  6. M

Double Eagle project?

Ok. Outside the narrow transom area there is no more wood just fiberglass
  7. M

Double Eagle project?

Question about kicker mount install. If you look at the rear of my boat the transom is fairly narrow. Like most I guess, well the fibreglass almost seem to light to support a kicker motor has its the shell not a built portion like the transom. Although it looks like one was mounted there before...
  8. M

Double Eagle project?

Thanks getbent, yes very excited and all of those things you mentioned are perfect for this boat.I will send pictures of.The first dinner caught!
  9. M

Double Eagle project?

Yeah, it's pretty slick sly.I am notmas nimble as I once was and this is perfect. Kicker bracket is getting installed Saturday.I won't get any where until I have back up motor and safety kit.I got a cover today for it.I found a guy who does Bimini tops and will do one with stainless zippers for...
  10. M

Double Eagle project?

Thanks, yes I like the step on fenders.I am bringing it for a Bimini fitting, and having a kicker mount installed Saturday. When that's done I will go for a little cruising. I will also get a vhf and I do need a safety kit.I will see what's recommended
  11. M

Double Eagle project?

Will do hookin up....
  12. M

Double Eagle project?

Wish I could figure how I posted this picture successfully. Hahaha wanted to throw up couple of others
  13. M

Double Eagle project?

I'm having some technical issues here
  14. M

Double Eagle project?

Hahah.I yes coho soon we will be fishing, heck if I didn't negotiate so long I could have gotten out today. My buddy who I fish with every year in October has to call me skipper when on board for lol. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how.Do I do it through photo bucket?
  15. M

Double Eagle project?

I traded a rifle and 2 grand, I think I got a pretty good deal
  16. M

Double Eagle project?

Ok Jeff, I will look up what it is and see if it has one,then consider it sold.the boat is home. My neighbors must hate me atv trailer, boat,camper! Hahhaha..Thanks to everyone who gave information on thus thread. I think its great multi purpose boat. It has new power trim, water separator, new...
  17. M

Double Eagle project?

Thanks SV. I'm going to grab it .should be able to get my money back in a year or two if I find another boat. I really liked the double eagle but hey this is ok too.seems like it would be safe enough. I will need a Bimini with drop down so any dealers you guys use let me know.
  18. M

Double Eagle project?

Ok thanks for the advice, I did look at. I did compression test 115 psi or so on all 3 cylinders. I am in the thinking mode.It has built in gas tank up front. Looked not to bad, someone had like rhino the bottom 1/4 of the hull. The paint was tired and it had few dings but hey its not new. The...
Back