Search results

1. B

2023 Ucluelet Reports

"...Bobber fish live squid... JP...can you fill in the blanks on your technique? Sounds like a blast. Always keen to learn new methods. B
  2. B

Okanagan sockeye 2022

I agree, there seems to be a lot of fish. Given how warm the water is (almost 77F at the top according to my sounder), not sure how many will survive to spawn. I made the trek out last week, braved the 37C heat and the myriad of jet skis, wake boats and the white Oakley crowd, with the aim to...
  3. B

Lumber Prices

4. B

Best Music Covers

Not a cover, as the original was written by RR while he was in The Band, but worth a watch nonetheless. Amazing how music transcends pretty much everything.
  5. B

Looking for...Lowrance GPS puck

Looking for a Lowrance GPS puck (LGC-3000)...as mine managed to go south right in the middle of fishing season! Let me know if you have one you are willing to part with, and how much you want for it! Thanks B
  6. B

Trailer - Island to Lower Mainland

Thanks for the offer. Looking for a smaller trailer for a 16ft tinner. ...Hard to find a good one.
  7. B

Was hoping that someone had done something similar in the past...was hoping I was missing something obvious. Not looking for a free ride. I like the case(s) of beer idea...maybe just walk on, play the odds that someone will be coming back to the LML with an empty hitch. Pay the extra footage...
  8. B

Unfortunately the boat option would be a non-starter...would need the trailer to get the boat to the chuck to begin with.
  9. B

Hi everyone, have a dilemma that I'm hoping someone can help me figure out a solution to. Looking to purchase a used boat trailer from the Island. I will be in Vcr for a short time in early May. Didn't plan on spending any time on the island, as we have a family burial to attend to in Vcr...
  10. B

Nailing Some Near Shore Copper Rockfish

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=262537 Wow.
  11. B

How many hali did you actually take in 2013?

Three years ago, that was exactly the size we were after. Big, but not too big to handle/land/butcher. Fish pushing 200 were just too big. If we were lucky enough to pull one bigger, she went back. And yes, we did catch that size...100s, 150s and even 250s. Usually 2, sometimes 3 per...
  12. B

Walleyes...no offence taken, and I do appreciate your view. In fact, I agree with it. I am not a meat fisherman by definition. As a matter of fact, the only time I keep fish are on 2 occasions: when I am remote camping (walleye for food), and when I head to the coast. Every other...
  13. B

From an out-of-province guy... 3 guys, one trip, limited out...3 of the 6 were at the top end of the slot, the other 3 were small (14-20 lbs). Spent a fair amount of money on a yearly trip, the end result was a freezer that was no where as full as past years (even though limits were reached)...
  14. B

Halibut documentation, what are you guys doing?

Best part of the whole crazy deal is camping somewhere for a week that has no facilities. A generator and small freezer do the trick, BUT its impossible to freeze halibut flat... Bags are too small (short), freezers are upright, vs long and narrow, not all halibut are caught on the same...
Back