Search results

1. seascene

CBC report this morning

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/invasive-marbled-crayfish-burlington-ontario-1.7081893 Apparently it clones itself and is a menace
  2. seascene

Tip of the Hat

To the die hards who were launching their boats at the Comox ramp on the weekend. Hope you had some tight lines.
  3. seascene

USA TODAY

West Coast king salmon are so depleted officials just canceled the Oregon and California season https://news.yahoo.com/regulators-rare-step-canceling-next-024410322.html
  4. seascene

Buy or trade OB

I have a 2 hp Suzuki short shaft kicker. Looking for a 4 to 6 hp. Will trade plus cash or sell 2 hp outright $900. It is 2 years not 2 gallons of gas through it. Cheers...
  5. seascene

Nov Cameron Lk

Just wondering about Cameron Lk right now. I fish from a kayak and thought I would try fresh water fishing around my area (Port Alberni). Thanks
  6. seascene

Billions of Snow Crabs Gone from Alaska Waters

Today on CNN https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/16/us/alaska-snow-crab-harvest-canceled-climate/index.html
  7. seascene

DFO Public Survey About Salmon Farms

I received this in my email about DFO obfuscation in this survey. The email suggested some clear answers if you should happen to receive the survey. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#trash/FMfcgzGqQvzsJbHCDdwQNtHKhwfBBlzh
  8. seascene

Comox Parking for Boats & Trailers

Comox Valley Marina has new signs up in what was typically an overflow parking area (dirt) warning of tow away due to boat trailers there recently filling it up. I thought that is what everyone would like to see ... money getting spent in the town. This town does not even have a shower...
  9. seascene

12 V Cooler

Just wondering about practicality of small 12 v cooler .. not for whole fish but fillet or two, prawns ... coffee cream etc. I am on a 2 deep cycle 12 v linked system aboard. I have 2.... 350Watt solar panels. Thanks.....
  10. seascene

Zebco Cardinal 7X High Speed 5:1 Ball Bearing

This is an old reel but I love the sound of it. Lately, the spool will not lock down onto the reel. (There are lots of Cardinal 7 out there but little Web info on the 7X). Any repair guys... comments?... Thanks in advance
  11. seascene

Tidal Wave

Great fishing on the Alberni Inlet ... lots of boats. Just thinking about the overdue Tsunami from offshore quake. If in the inlet ...is the inlet deep enough to sort of rise and fall or would the wave be unsurvivable? Just musing here over my coffee ... not wishing to rock your boat ... Thanks
  12. seascene

Presently checking out fishfinders

Prefer attachable/detachable to hull somewhere transducer set up. Capable of 400-500 ft. Just the basics ... black and white is fine. Thanks in advance...
  13. seascene

Origo stove ..??

Looking for one of these. It is an alcohol stove would be a good fit for my sailboat... thanks
  14. seascene

Drop in propane cooktop

In the market for this kind of stove ...popular in RVs and cruising/fish boats. Anyone using a good, well made product? Thanks
  15. seascene

Comox prawning fleet

It has been a few years since the modern looking aluminum prawn boats moored at Comox have gone out. The last time I recollect might have been 4 - 5 yrs ago. The catch brought large trucks daily to the docks for transport of the catch.
  16. seascene

Suzuki DF2.5 hp 2019

Just bought used looks like has seen very few hours. Just put in new gas and oil. It will not run unless choke is on and the throttle is moved forward and back continually. It will run quite a while with choke on and when engine begins to stall giving it gas revs it again. Just from a search...
  17. seascene

Suzuki df 2.5 outboard

Just bought this used with unknown model year. I could not find a model number lookup site on line or an owners manual download site either. Searching for an online model lookup gets tons of trash hits claiming this but not one of them actually work. Same thing with owners manuals. Any help...
  18. seascene

Induction cooktop?

I would love to ditch propane in my galley for a single burner induction cooktop. I have 2 x 12V deep cell marine batteries. I doubt that is enough... not my area of experience. Anyone using one of these?
  19. seascene

Wanted Trolling Motor and Small kicker

Trolling motor about 50lbs transom mount and also under 6hp short shaft kicker ... thanks
  20. seascene

Trolling Motor

Anyone vouch for a good brand of trolling motor about 50lbs transom mount for my inflatable .. thanks (or have one for sale?)
Back