Search results

1. seascene

CBC report this morning

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/invasive-marbled-crayfish-burlington-ontario-1.7081893 Apparently it clones itself and is a menace
  2. seascene

Tip of the Hat

To the die hards who were launching their boats at the Comox ramp on the weekend. Hope you had some tight lines.
  3. seascene

Deep Drop in the Strait

Last year off bell bouy at Comox down in 200 - 300' jigging with white twister tail caught some nice (delicious) Pacific Cod.
  4. seascene

Deep Drop in the Strait

Dog fish is delicious. Two fast fillets with rapala knife as soon as caught then same with skin. Place fillets in 50/50 vinegar water coupla hours. Can leave overnight. Pat dry. Tblsp butter, tsp olive oil bit of fried onion (remove) salt/pepper and dash of cajun, then fry up no flour...
  5. seascene

USA TODAY

West Coast king salmon are so depleted officials just canceled the Oregon and California season https://news.yahoo.com/regulators-rare-step-canceling-next-024410322.html
  6. seascene

Object shot down over Alaska (not a balloon)…

Empire droids. They've found us. Time to fire up the Falcon.
  7. seascene

Buy or trade OB

I have a 2 hp Suzuki short shaft kicker. Looking for a 4 to 6 hp. Will trade plus cash or sell 2 hp outright $900. It is 2 years not 2 gallons of gas through it. Cheers...
  8. seascene

Four coho a day now allowed in the Puntledge and Courtenay Rivers

I have not seen a single boat fishing in Comox Harbour (gives access to Puntledge River) this past week. Perhaps they are fishing out past the Bell Bouy?
  9. seascene

Nov Cameron Lk

Just wondering about Cameron Lk right now. I fish from a kayak and thought I would try fresh water fishing around my area (Port Alberni). Thanks
  10. seascene

Billions of Snow Crabs Gone from Alaska Waters

Today on CNN https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/16/us/alaska-snow-crab-harvest-canceled-climate/index.html
  11. seascene

DFO Public Survey About Salmon Farms

I received this in my email about DFO obfuscation in this survey. The email suggested some clear answers if you should happen to receive the survey. https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#trash/FMfcgzGqQvzsJbHCDdwQNtHKhwfBBlzh
  12. seascene

Fishermen Team Accused of Cheating by Stuffing Fish With Weights

Walleye and Bass tournaments are big money in the US and less so in eastern Canada but not too shabby. Contests typically won by ounces difference. Live wells in the boats. Live wells at weigh in. Live wells in release pontoon boats. Fished tourneys in the 80's pro bass circuit Ontario...
  13. seascene

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Selling diesel earlier this year highest prices in any marina I know.
  14. seascene

Fishermen Team Accused of Cheating by Stuffing Fish With Weights

Bass tournaments in Ontario during 1980's when I fished them soured off as same guys seemed to win too frequently or place high up in a field of very experienced fishermen well equipped to win tournaments. Prizes of cash and gear tallied up to over thousands of dollars. Suddenly several of...
  15. seascene

Fried dogfish

I marinated dogfish in 50/50 water white vinegar. Next day fried simply flour and spices in olive oil ... all fine. No marinade for you .. just sat them in the fridge?
  16. seascene

Comox Parking for Boats & Trailers

Right you are Bryan. The attitude of even the formerly tax payer owned dock is blatantly anti anyone except commericals.
  17. seascene

Comox Parking for Boats & Trailers

Comox Valley Marina has new signs up in what was typically an overflow parking area (dirt) warning of tow away due to boat trailers there recently filling it up. I thought that is what everyone would like to see ... money getting spent in the town. This town does not even have a shower...
  18. seascene

12 V Cooler

800 marine cranking amps, 100 amp hours. Running nothing at night anchored (led anchor light). K..."should be fine" ...thanks
  19. seascene

12 V Cooler

Just wondering about practicality of small 12 v cooler .. not for whole fish but fillet or two, prawns ... coffee cream etc. I am on a 2 deep cycle 12 v linked system aboard. I have 2.... 350Watt solar panels. Thanks.....
  20. seascene

Zebco Cardinal 7X High Speed 5:1 Ball Bearing

This is an old reel but I love the sound of it. Lately, the spool will not lock down onto the reel. (There are lots of Cardinal 7 out there but little Web info on the 7X). Any repair guys... comments?... Thanks in advance
Back