Search results

1. Lazy Bones

2018 Sooke Reports

just came in. 9:30-3pm not a nibble either. not many fish to be seen today
  2. Lazy Bones

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM SFI-BC & SVIAC Re: FISHING REGS

I live near sheringham point, now I cant even fish in any direction for 10km. I cant even fish from shore or from my canoe either. wtf. not happy. yet the whale watching boats continue to chase down the whales daily. house-shaking industrial blasting weekly from the USA us military continues...
  3. Lazy Bones

roadrunner wheel bearings

thanks guys. I am going to checkout the 3 other wheels as well, may have to do the 4 at same time. Hopefully they are intact and have part numbers, the first one's bearing cage looked like chickenwire
  4. Lazy Bones

all very good tips. thanks. will look into it after the halibut derby.
  5. Lazy Bones

have a 2003 drum brake tandem axle boat trailer. today I realized it had blownout wheelbearing. is there 1 size fits all or is there a specific RoadRunner bearing needed? Surely this has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything using the search button ...
  6. Lazy Bones

2017 Sooke Reports

straight out front in at least 120ft of water, right on the bottom.
  7. Lazy Bones

2016 Sooke Reports

a good day for all, I think every boat got into the fish, and most people donated to the foodbank too.
  8. Lazy Bones

2016 Sooke Reports

fished deep off secretary 300-450 @ 30 - 70ft from noon until 3pm on the 19th ... non stop coho action. 11 fish == 3 lost after hookset, and 3 lost at boat. managed to get 5 in the boat, of which only 1 was a hatchery keeper. still a great day and the kids had a blast. all on anchovies...
  9. Lazy Bones

Sooke2015

there were 3 buoys attached to the pipe. don't know if they are still attached. the pipe extends out from the driveway that was excavated towards the sea, at the front edge of the possession point condos
  10. Lazy Bones

Sooke2015

I saw the 2 alum work boats and realized they were pulling something together. the black zodiac came over and told me what they were doing ... they are installing a hydrophone to listen to the whale calls. the were installing a hollow pipe that sunk to the bottom. no words other than my...
  11. Lazy Bones

pod design

runs great, although I feel like it sits too high out of the water when planning. glad I did NOT remove my trim tabs. maybe the motor would benefit from a 1.5" lift higher this winter.
  12. Lazy Bones

pod design

its been done & in the water for 6 weeks. sorry forgot to update.
  13. Lazy Bones

Navionics App, SonarChartsLive function

the navionics app auto uploads the fresh data to navionics site for analysis they publish many updates per day. you can even go into your profile and see all your contributions (usually takes 48h for them to verify them before making live as a community edit) when using the navionics app...
  14. Lazy Bones

Sooke2015

I lost a 40+ pound chinook at the boat this evening @ Possession. fumbled 3 times trying to net it alone.
  15. Lazy Bones

no its not the same at all. I use the USA & Canada App, then it detects my active t-box (you will too if your boat passes by me) the charts that are on the screen show the bottom, in 1 FOOT increments. Banks and walls and bottom structure appear in BOLD since the lines are so tight. as you...
  16. Lazy Bones

I'm a navionics tester and have the t-box. It's great. Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  17. Lazy Bones

Sooke2015

took 3 of my kids out looking for springs around secretary/possession, found nothing between 3-6pm think the boat near us kept picking them up, seemed like every time I looked over they were netting something
  18. Lazy Bones

pod design

If your boat is seaworthy you won't need extra bracing. If it's not then consider fixing it before putting a pod on. Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  19. Lazy Bones

pod design

my 23' is now 27.5' long (4.5' of pod and motor) add another 2' if motor is lifted out. I also think you would need twin 300s for your 10,000lb boat
  20. Lazy Bones

Sooke2015

went out this evening aboard "Chewy" Waves were too big, winds steady at 29kmh, had to head in ...
Back