Search results

1. Daveroo

Replacing original hooks on spoons

I did maintenance today of my gear after a couple of weekends of fishing and having some breakage and failures. One of my items to do was replace the original hooks on some spoons. This is a Gibbs Cop Car after only one fish being hooked on it. I would like to say this was due to a tyee size...
  2. Daveroo

maximum size/weight outboard for 1992 Campion Explorer 17ft C/C

The 542 had different lengths depending on which model year you had. The later 542SC were longer then the original 542. I hae a 2002 542 and it is specified as being only 18' long.
  3. Daveroo

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I have found that most of my pinks this year have been hooked with spoons such as No Bananas and deeper then in previous years. I've been catching them 80'-90' rather then on my high rod at 45'-60'. However the two pinks I caught today at Sandheads looked like they were caught in the river. They...
  4. Daveroo

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Is it just me or does there appear to be a layer of dust or sawdust on things in some of the pictures?
  5. Daveroo

At T10, a bit sloppy but has settled down a bit from this morning already. No more Whitecaps. Hatch coho and lost 2 at the boat during netting . Bite has slowed down.
  6. Daveroo

If I don't want to pay the price for an Islander..... what would you buy?

If you are in Vancouver Pacific Angler used to sell them too.
  7. Daveroo

Ha Ha. I thought the exact same thing. They at least seem to know where they are supposed to be.
  8. Daveroo

We were there too. Most spectacular orca show I've ever seen. They were everywhere. Just as one pod swam off in the distance another one showed up. I don't know which boat you were in Bonefizz, but the guys in the white pockiet cruiser had at least 2 pods swim right up to their boat surfacing...
  9. Daveroo

Might Be Looking For a Change

RC, one thing to keep in mind is that maybe what you need is to pivot to another aspect of the business which still can utilize your construction experience rather then a total reset of your working life. I think your work experience is a lot of EQUITY which should NOT be flushed down the drain...
  10. Daveroo

If I can get a half decent weather window this weekend I'll get out and see what it is like. I'll try to bonk one for you. How many more hours before you can get that new hip up to full throttle?
  11. Daveroo

Right rod to rocks/shore

I never heard of it until on this forum.
  12. Daveroo

It's Shuswap vs. Sproat in the championship match of the Search for B.C.'s Best Lake

I've fished Shuswap, so know what fishing is like on it. I know people who go to Sproat regularly, but they're water skiers. Does anyone fish Sproat? I just saw skiers and wake boarders when I was there.
  13. Daveroo

It's Shuswap vs. Sproat in the championship match of the Search for B.C.'s Best Lake

Clint, why would you give Sproat the edge? I have only been on it for an afternoon, so would not know the finer details about it.
  14. Daveroo

Who is going to post the first live report from 28-6? Those of us who can only follow along from home will have to do their fishing through the reports to keep us motivated for the weekend.
  15. Daveroo

You will soon ned to upgrade that "coho trough" to a "chinook trough" if you want to hit 28-6.
  16. Daveroo

Driving an EV pickup

I read just today that third party testers found Tesla to be by the far the most "optimistic" vendor with regards to their published range specs. Almost all other companies including Ford were publishing pretty accurate ranges. In Korea Tesla was fined for their misleading range claims.
  17. Daveroo

Pinks around Vancouver yet?

https://sportfishingbc.com/threads/2023-offishall-vancouver-howe-sound-sechelt-reports-thread.92757/page-51#post-1167499
  18. Daveroo

Pinks around Vancouver yet?

Check the Vancouver fishing report thread. People are starting to catch them just off Bowen Island. Tips, small pink hoochies. That's all there is to pinks in the salt.
  19. Daveroo

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Nice tinny. https://www.facebook.com/groups/vancouverboatsforsale/permalink/1330853480836674/?sale_post_id=1330853480836674&mibextid=Nif5oz
  20. Daveroo

Trigger Finger is real

I had it on 2 fingers a few years back. Got finger splints first to keep them straight to slow down the symptoms. Eventually got my first steroid shot which solved the problem. I occasionally get a mild trigger finger now, but not enough for me to get the second steroid shot yet. Trying to delay...
Back