Search results

1. S

Single barbless

I am aware that all freshwater lakes, river and streams are to be fished with single barbless hooks in BC. A friend recently told me you cannot have any lures/setups in your tackle box that have trebles or barbs. I have one tackle box and take it with me saltwater (I know barbs are not allowed...
  2. S

Evinrude 9.9 two stroke 1986

Wanting to sell 1986 evinrude two stroke short shaft (15"). Runs perfectly $500
  3. S

Nahmint Lake closing indefinately

Apparently the Nahmint forestry site will be closed permanently due to danger trees, depression in the road, overfilled outhouses.
  4. S

Playa del Carmen

Going to Playa del Carmen in the middle of Feb for a wedding. Bunch of guys want to go deep ocean water fishing, not reef stuff. Fished lots on the west side of Mex but nothing on the east side. Any recommendations for a charter holding 6 guys for a full day. Thanks SSS
  5. S

Gracie Lake Port Alberni

Anyone know if Gracie Main is clear of snow? Looking at hitting Gracie Lake this weekend. Thanks.
  6. S

Gracie Lake Port Alberni

Anyone been up to Gracie Lake recently. Just wondering how much snow is on the road up from Sproat Lake (Gracie Main).
  7. S

heated jacket

Anyone here ever try one of those heated jackets (battery)? Marks Workwear makes a jacket and Gerbings makes a vest. Just wondering how effective they are since $229 for the Marks jacket and $200 for the Gerbing vest is a chunk of change.
  8. S

St Mary lake, Saltspring

Fishing St Mary lake on Saltspring this weekend. Any hints on gear? Thanks.
  9. S

Penn Swivel Base

Just wondering if anyone has a Penn Fathom Master Swivel base laying around or if you know if any outdoor outlets on Van. Island that sell them.
  10. S

Penn Swivel Base

Just wondering if anyone has a Penn Fathom Master Swivel base laying around or if you know if any outdoor outlets on Van. Island that sell them.
  11. S

Hawthorne

Anyone know if Hawthorne lake (just outside Port Alberni) is frozen over?
  12. S

12' Aluminum and 37lbs thrust motor $200

Boat and motor are now SOLD
  13. S

K12 flatfish problem

Went lake trolling on the weekend and my K12 Flatfish kept floating to the surface and spinning. My brother was having the same problem. Never had this happen before. No weight or gang troll and going dead slow. Like I said earlier, never had this happen before and haven't change from the...
  14. S

12' Aluminum and 37lbs thrust motor $300

12' aluminum with electric motor $200 I have a twelve foot riveted tin, pretty old. Definately used. Also comes with a 37lbs thrust electric motor which works perfectly. I'm guessing it weighs about 140lbs. I carry it my canopy bar racks. Located in Port Alberni, looking for $200.00.
  15. S

wanted boat launch wheels

Not sure if that is what they are called but... I am looking for the wheels that mount on the transom of tinny so you can wheel it down the beach without scraping the bottom. Once your in the water, they flip up or pop right out. I looked on-line and they are pricey. Hoping someone has a set...
  16. S

WTB Lake Downrigger

Anyone have a Scotty lake downrigger for sale or similar product? Can be the screw on version or plate mount.
  17. S

islander or rapala

Brother in law is turning 50 in few months. He been talking about getting an islander. Read some chatter about the rapala north island series. Just wondering if my brother in law is worth the extra $200 for the islander or is the rapala good enough. Any opinons would be welcomed.
  18. S

jon boat

looking for a jon boat 10' to 12', or similar size v hull aluminum.
Back