Search results

1. M

Commercial Prawn opening West Vancouver Island

Anybody know heard/read when the commercial prawning season is opening on the West of Vancouver Island? Usually is around May 10-15. Just curious if anybody heard anything for this year.
  2. M

Tahsis VS Port Hardy

Hi Hello, I was hoping to get some opinions on choosing a home base for this summer between Tahsis and Port Hardy. Currently, I have a place in Tahsis that I love, but it has some limitations. Firstly, the season is very short, running from basically just July and August. It can be extended to...
  3. M

Boat Operating Lessons

Hi Everybody I was wondering if anybody know an company or individual that provides boat operating instruction. My situation is I've been operating my own boat for about 10 years and in general I do OK and am fairly confident in open water. However, navigating in tight place around the dock...
  4. M

SVOP - Small Vessel Operator Proficiency

Hi Everybody I am considering taking the Small Vessel Operator Proficiency Course. I was wondering how many people on this forum, who are just recreational boat operators, have taken this course? I'm just a ordinary fisherman and was wondering if this was a good course to take or if it's...
  5. M

Torqeedo motors

Hi I was looking at the Torqeedo motors. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this motor that they would like to share. Are they worth the price????
  6. M

Torqeedo motors

Hi I was looking at the Torqeedo motors. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this motor that they would like to share. Are they worth the price????
  7. M

Coiled Wash Down Hose Camco Hose Coil Kit 20’

Brand New Never used Still in Original Packaging. Retails at $120 Sacrifice for $75 Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  8. M

Scotty Electrical Receptacle and External Mount

Brand New Never used $30 each two for $50 Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  9. M

Scotty Locking Combination Side/Deck Mounting Bracket and Mounting brackets

Brand New Never used two for $40 Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  10. M

Flasher bags for storage of Hot Spot or Gibbs flashers

Like New $15 each two for $25 Three for $35 Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  11. M

Fishing Rods: Downrigger and Halibut/Jigging Rods

SeaHawk: Downrigger Rod Two piece 9’ Like New Condition barely used $50 Seahawk: Halibut/ Jigging rods. One piece 7’ Like New Condition barely used $50 each for $85 for the pair. Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  12. M

Scotty Orca Power401 Rod Holders with extenders

The fastest rod release of any holder on the market With one quick motion, your fishing rod is lifted straight out into the fish fighting position Retail for $80 each. Like New Condition barely used $45 each for $75 for the pair. Call or Text Murry at 403-804-6738
  13. M

Motoring from Tofino to Tahsis

We have our boat moored in Tahsis and we're thinking of traveling down to Barkley Sound this June to try for some Sockeye. I was wondering if anybody has done the trip between Tofino and Nootka Sound before and if they could tell me about their experience? I also was hoping to find out how...
  14. M

RichMake Rods

Hi Does anybody know where you can buy Rich Make Rods or anyone who makes custom rods?
  15. M

Commercial Prawn Opening.

I was wondering if anybody has heard if DFO is going to delay the commercial opening for prawns like they did last year? It was great for us last year, we saw great fishing right through mid June and the size was even better. Just was wondering if anybody has heard anything.
  16. M

Area 125 chinook retention

I was checking DFO regulation and from what I understand Area 123-127 is non retention for Chinook. Any word if they are going to have retention the same as last year? 125 July 15-Aug 01 retention with max size and then Aug01 forward, retention with no size restriction?
  17. M

Braid vs Steel

I'm thinking about changing out my downrigger from steel cable to braid. I was wondering what people think of braid vs the conventional steel cable. Thought I'd get some feedback before I make the change. Thanks in advance for the advice.
  18. M

AP Tackles Works

Has anybody had any experience ordering tackle from this company? I ordered a few lures on line about three weeks ago, received an order confirmation, but nothing since. I tried contacting the company through their website, but haven't had a response. I not meaning to 'bash' the company, just...
  19. M

Shimano Mooching Reel 2000GT Plus.

Hi Everybody I posted this question earlier, but ran into some problems logging into my account and then lost all my messages, so I'm reposting it. If you responded, please reply again. Thanks in advance. Looking for parts for an older model of Shimano Mooching Reel 2000GT Plus. I broke off...
  20. M

Tackle and Equipment Storage

I'm looking for a bit of advise. I live in AB and just a bought a boat that will be kept in BC at a small private marina on the west coast. I'm not sure what to do about the tackle and equipment between trips and at the end of the year. I don't want to bring back with me to AB between trips...
Back