Search results

1. Secretpursuit

Need Advice BBQ tuna loins

Was given a couple of sushi grade Tuna loins and want to BBQ them. What are the options???? Appreciated......
  2. Secretpursuit

Time to Go

Selling my 2550 Pursuit CC Cuddy. Looking to upgrade to something with some better accommodations for the family ( read wife). Have put a lot of $ and sweat into this project. Also had a great deal of laughs and fun....will be sad to see her go.... Link...
  3. Secretpursuit

Upgrading float old needs to go

Free for cost to remove 80 x 12 float with 40 foot ramp & 40 foot stand off. Located Pender harbour.
  4. Secretpursuit

Underwatervideo salmon strikes

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9fyhyitew Newbie at this but a link to some underwater filming done during the Ukee Salmon Ladder derby. Enjoy
  5. Secretpursuit

Buoyweather, Weather Office, accuracy

Curious who uses what for weather forecasts & how accurate the predictions are? Been using Weather Office but find it's less than acceptable. Never used Buoyweather but hear others referencing it? May buck-up and give it a whirl. Many Thanks.
  6. Secretpursuit

Blind Channel West Thurlow Island

Going to join my nieces in the blind channel area in late July of this year. Have fished this area years before and wondering if anyone has non specific areas to try out. Many thanks
  7. Secretpursuit

Wanted SportYak or similar

Looking for a used small light weight plastic boat to use as a shore boat when chasing shell fish. Sport yak or similar.
  8. Secretpursuit

Raymarine S1000

Looking to add a pilot to the boat, 25 CC twin outboards. Interested in the Ray S1000, easy install, reasonable price. Have however, run across comments that it's less than ideal when fishing slow. Anyone with any experience with this unit or recommendations?? Fish E & WCVI.
  9. Secretpursuit

Auto pilot choice

Curious as to who, runs what & why on autopilots. Adding a pilot this winter and torn between a Raymarine X10 system, Garmin or Simrad. Running a twin engined 25' Centre console. Will primarily be used trolling and curious as to performance @ trolling speeds, they all appear to work well...
  10. Secretpursuit

Seymour Inlet Coho

Has any one any info on the Seymour inlet arae? I ran across an old timer / commie that who spoke of a hatchery run of coho that go into three small lakes to spawn every year. Apparently there was or still is a hatchery run which he thinks is still strong. Remember years ago watching a Wings...
  11. Secretpursuit

Hot Boat

Chasing an electrical fault thats burning off the zinc's. While I've done this afloat, any suggestions for while she sits on the trailer??? Much appreciated.
  12. Secretpursuit

Downrigger Rod

Looking at the TFO 9 ft down-rigger rods, currently running longer rods at 10' 6" ( Techicians) and 12' ( Custom sage) when we are stacking. Been suggested I have a strong look at the TFO by the crew this year. Any feed back on what length down-rigger rods your running and there action...
  13. Secretpursuit

CBC Poll on Gun Registry

Not sure where you all stand but take a few moments to voice your opinion. Please add your vote to the CBC survey on the gun registry. http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2011/04/long-gun-registry-where-do-you-stand-on-the-long-gun-registry.html Secretpursuit
  14. Secretpursuit

Twin 225 Mercury 1994

Re-powering with Verado's. Twin 225's all gauges, cables and controls available. Asking $3K per engine. Running well when removed.
  15. Secretpursuit

Sechelt area report

Headed up for a couple of weeks. Any updates on the fishin & prawnin??? Will for go dragging the boat all the way up ( And padden BC Ferrys christmas fund) if she looks slow, and stick to the little whaler. Many Thanks.
  16. Secretpursuit

Mercury 225 carbed outboard for sale.

BEST OFFER Twin 1994 Mercury 225's for sale. Hours unknown, believed to be around 500. Complete package with all gauges, controls, oil tanks, cables etc. Running fine when removed to repower to verado's. Also available SS prop's 15 x 19. Located in Vancouver area. 604-803-7094...
  17. Secretpursuit

Nobeltec / Raymarine

I've just updated the electronics to a C120 system / a50 backup on the boat it's a CC. Previous boats I've been running Nobeltec on a laptop. Is anyone aware of a quick method to tranfer my currently exensive list of way points / routes over to Ray marine? Any help appreciated. 2550 Pursuit CC
  18. Secretpursuit

Okuma Reels

My son outfitted several of the rods on the boat last season with Okuma reels. We are finding the drags are over sensitive, small adjustment from free wheel to full drag. They are also starting to sqeak when running them down on the downriggers. Does anyone know if this is common to this reel or...
  19. Secretpursuit

Pender Harbour

Managed a ew days away from the shop starting this THursday. Any reports on the far side. Texada, Sanster, etc. Also info on the prawning wouold be great, three weeks ago was dead slow. 2550 Pursuit CC
  20. Secretpursuit

Uclelet July 2009

Planning a trip to Ucluelet with the kids this July. Have run accross many local names that do not show on my charts. Rats nose, big bank south bank etc. Is there any where one can loacte GPS #'s for these? Many Thanks. 2550 Pursuit CC
Back