Search results

1. B

Double Eagle Restoration

My poded 21' does 30miles at 4300 with a 150 hp yamaha 4 stroke . It will do 43 at 5500 but the fuel consumption doubles . I got a pod and rocket launchers built for 2600 cash on vi from a guy on this forum . Pm for more info
  2. B

Value of Kellahan 17.

I sold my 16' kellahan with a 90 and 6 hp 4 strokes yams for 10k 10 years ago , now the same boat is for sale with a few mods and the same power with 2xs the hours for 15k . I can't beleive how much these aluminum boats are now fetching , at the time It was hard to get 10k but they seem to...
  3. B

Wtb 18' -20' cuddy cabin boat

I looked at that boat in degdan bay . It's rough , at the time he was asking 20k firm O see now it's 15k which is still proby a bit too high . Floors are soft and there are rust stains everywhere , no attention to detail what soever was given to the pod . Has cable steering on both outboard...
  4. B

How do i clean built in an aluminum fuel tank?

Thanks I like the sound of that idea also , right now I've got 10 litres of methyl hydrate in each tank soaking until I get a day off work and I'm thinking I'll run it on day tanks in a good chop and drain it afterwards then try he sea foam and fuel and see what comes out . I did plumb all new...
  5. B

Ok thanks , they didn't have it at he marine suply store , I guess I didn't look hard enough at crap tire . I'll try again thanks
  6. B

I've heard of this sea foam several times now but I haven't seem it in stores , where is it sold if you don't mind my asking ?
  7. B

Thanks for the all the ideas posted here , I'm going to go with gunner loves approach tho as the exterior of the tanks are excellent and it will b a major to remove them . As I said in my post I'm looking for a means of cleaning them without removing the tanks . If there was pitting of any kind...
  8. B

Id need to cut out finished interior peices to make an inspection plate so that's not an option for me but I did triy hot water and dish soap on 1 of the jerry cans that I hadpumped this sludge into that had become contaminated and metholhydrate seems to break it down fairly well and is only 1...
  9. B

I bought an old boat that had sat with gas in the tanks for 10 years , does anyone have any ideas on how to clean it without removing it from the boat ?(that would b a nightmate) . I've tried acetone and flushing clean fuel through it but I'm still getting globs of thick sludgy tar
  10. B

I bought an older 21' double eagle that has sat for 10 years with roten fuel that's turned into a thick sludge on the bottom of the tank, is there anyone on this site with any experience on cleaning out this sludge? I've tryed acetone but there's still tar goop left . I've flushed close to 100...
  11. B

I bought an older 21' double eagle that has sat for 10 years with roten fuel that's turned into a thick sludge on the bottom of the tank, is there anyone on this site with any experience on cleaning out this sludge? I've tryed acetone but there's still tar goop left . I've flushed close to 100...
  12. B

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Fished Porlier again today , was busy , let go more fish than I care to count. Out of 15 fish managed 1 after 5 hours effort . All fiah other than the 1 8-9#er were 57cm cookie cutters. Algie was best I've seen in a while on a + note.
  13. B

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Fished this evening on the outside and had some action however 4 of 5 were undersizedand the only keeper was a runt that we let go . Algie was not bad but current was a real battle and kweeping line straight was a real issue but as the wind layer down the lines ran better as is always the case
  14. B

Who makes the best pods on van isl?

I have a 20.5 ' double eagle ready to have a pod built and installed, I'm hoping some of you on this forum have some recommendations on who would be the best as far as quality and price I had a number from a guy named richard in sooke that was highly recommended but I've lost his number. Any...
  15. B

Who makes the best pods on van isl?

I have a 20.5 ' double eagle ready to have a pod built and installed, I'm hoping some of you on this forum have some recommendations on who would be the best as far as quality and price I had a number from a guy named richard in sooke that was highly recommended but I've lost his number. Any...
  16. B

Port Renfrew Reports 2015

Fished springs for6 hours yesterday went 5 for 9 nothing over 20 , saw lots being caught too Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  17. B

worth of f200 Yamaha

I'd say depending on how clean it looks with those hours 7-8 would be about the right range , however I'm not an expert. Having said that a few years back I needed a 150 yam 4 strk and all the lease returns I could find were around 10-11k with 5-600 hours bit these motors were 2 years old...
  18. B

Gutting before filleting?

If you're going to process the fish quickly there is no reason to gut the fish . They can still be bled out to keep the meat clean. I don't know too many people who gut there Hali or rockfish. Why would salmon be any different? I suppose it's just preferences but it makes sense to avoid any...
  19. B

Road to Port Renfrew Closed

Last month it was really bad as usual, I doubt it's any better now Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
  20. B

Road to Port Renfrew Closed

Thanks for the update oceanmaster Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Back