Search results

1. salmonslayer31

1978 18ft Double Eagle For Sale

18ft Double Eagle fishing boatFor Sale, Inboard/Outboard, 5.7 350 Chevy small block Engine, 270 Volvo Penta Leg, Fishfinder, 9.9hp 1979 2 Stroke kicker, boat has been completely gutted and flooring and stringers brand new accoring to double eagle factory specs, Brand new gel coated deck, 2 bilge...
  2. salmonslayer31

Thinking of selling by 17' double eagle fishing machine

Just looking for opinions on my 17.5' Double Eagle that I am thinking of selling. I was thinking 8K for everything..... brand new stringers and floor, 350 small block i/o, 270 leg, fishfinder, 2 electric scotty downriggers, 9.9 electric start kicker, all safety equipment, anchor, life jackets...
  3. salmonslayer31

Question about my 350 i/o w 270 leg

I have noticed that my engine will not go beyond 3000 rpm when under tow, but when i play with the throttle linkage directly on the engine I can get the engine up beyond 3000 in neutral. I assume it has something to do with the limitations of the 270 vovlo leg... any thoughts.... SS31
  4. salmonslayer31

Batteries....???

I am thinking of adding two electric scotties to my boat as I have the manual hand crankers right now. I have a '79 9.9 johnson elec start with a 6 amp alternator built into it. I also have a two position switch hooked to the batteries. ON/OFF, with one battery. My question is would I need to...
  5. salmonslayer31

Help please with paint......

I have built this sweet tackle box for on top of the doghouse. Does anyone have any suggestions for paint? The doghouse is white so I'd like to color match it. I was thinking like some spray on bed liner material, that rubberized coumpound should keep the saltwater off the ****** pine 1x4's?? I...
  6. salmonslayer31

Courtenay Canvas Shop??

Would anyone reccomend good canvas shop in Courtenay?? Thanks, SS31
  7. salmonslayer31

Canvas Top Wanted

Does anyone have a canvas top for sale or know anyone that does for my 17.5 double eagle?? SS31
  8. salmonslayer31

Paying tax on a used boat at ICBC WTF????

I went in to the insurance office today to get a temp permit to transport my double eagle that I am buying used and I was advised that when I get the boat and come in to insure the trailer I will need to pay the tax on the trailer and the HST on the boat to ICBC who then submits it to Canada...
  9. salmonslayer31

Mounting downriggers on my double eagle??

I just bought my first boat and will be mounting downriggers on it and have seen them in so many places on different boats from that back corner to half way up??? Any advice on the location and does anyone know of a good place to get a standup zipperback canvas done?? SS31
  10. salmonslayer31

Haida Gwaii Fishing Forum

Lets make this the offishal forum for HG. The good the bad and the ugly...... SS31
  11. salmonslayer31

Thoughts on this boat??

I am looking at this boat... does anybody have any advice and information on the ford 302 188 hp i/o. How about the price..... any help would be appreciated. This is the link.... Thanks everyone for your help...
  12. salmonslayer31

Looking at this boat....18.5 Double Eagle w 225 Honda

Looking at this boat... does anybody know it or the owner?, how about the engine? sounds like a good deal....What kind of fuel economy is this engine going to get on this boat? Please help as I know there is a lot of experiance on this site..... Thanks...
  13. salmonslayer31

Thoughts on these boats....

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/boa/2875719987.html http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/boa/2869543831.html http://comoxvalley.en.craigslist.ca/boa/2878369014.html http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/boa/2768306154.html Tryin to narrow down... can anyony vouch for any of these...
  14. salmonslayer31

2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax FOR SALE

Hi There.... For Sale is my 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax. Mint condition and loaded except leather. Just put new BFG All Terrains on it. 5.7 litre TRD, SR5. Tonneau cover and rino lined. Truck is also undercoated. I am second owner and bought it 1 year old in 08. 92K kms on it, All synthetic oil...
  15. salmonslayer31

Courtenay Mechanic?????

Hello there, Does anybody know of a boat mechanic in Courtenay that would mechanically inspect and take a boat for a sea trial for me as I live up North and am interetsed in a boat..... Thanks, Slayer....
  16. salmonslayer31

Trading or Selling my '07 Tundra Crew Max....5.7 l

Hey There, I am looking at selling or trading my '07 Tundra Crew Max 5.7 l. I am looking for about 30k for it or will consider a trade plus cash deal as I do not want a 30k fishing boat.......I am looking for a 20 ish foot fishing boat with a outboard adn kicker and all the electronics and...
  17. salmonslayer31

Looking to buy a Boat in Masset

Hello everyone, I am a avid fisherman and am getting tired of using my work boat for fishing. I am looking at buying a 18-22 ft boat, with outboard and kicker for about $5000. I would really like a cuddy for the family. I would be willing to spend a little more if need be. If anyone has a...
  18. salmonslayer31

Moving to Masset on the Queen Charlottes

I am moving up to Masset for two years and hope to get out fishing alot. Anybody on here live up there?? What kind of gear should I be looking at bringing up for halibut and salmon....Any advice would be great.... Thanks,,, C
  19. salmonslayer31

Salmon Sauce....the best

Mayonaise......curry powder and lemon juice(just a bit) mix all together.....oh so good... add curry to taste.... Trust me the best,,, C
  20. salmonslayer31

Boston Bar Fishing

I live in Boston Bar and the synopsis is confusing. The synopsis says this about the Fraser River "Closed all year from signs 6.5 km south of Boston Bar to signs 2.8 km south of Hells Gate" I assume the rest of the river is open all year round??? Please Help
Back