Search results

1. Ugly Betty

Free/ Crab traps need recovering.

I was up camping this week at porteau Cove. Left the traps out overnight not realizing that we were going to have a extreme weather system coming in today. Unfortunately with my 16 foot Lund I could not get out in 70 km an hour winds and pull the traps. If anybody is out fishing in the defence...
  2. Ugly Betty

Wanted Groundsman for tree service!

We are a tree service based in Maple Ridge seeking a good groundsman. General duties are as follows: Show up clean and sober on time. Responsibilities include site clean up, brush chipping and chainsaw ground work. Training provided on site. Applicants must have own reliable transportation...
  3. Ugly Betty

Any news on the Ambleside ramp replacement?

Sure miss the old ramp☹️Just curious if anyone has heard any news of the replacement ramp at the end of the park. Or is Vancouver still working hard at staying the no fun city.
  4. Ugly Betty

Anyone lose this boat ?

5. Ugly Betty

Maple ridge boat thief !

I was woken up at 2:30am this morning to some dirt bag stealing my Lund from my driveway. The tung lock was cut and missing also the chain on the tire rim was missing. Clearly this was scoped out earlier as I didn’t notice those things where missing from the trailer earlier. Anyways the...
  6. Ugly Betty

Stereo/utility console

Its certainly time to remove and up grade the antique console in my old Lund. This beat up weathered box contains the stereo and fuse bar as well as the switches for lights and down rigger plug-ins. As well as the start button and kill switch lanyard. Would love to see pictures of other boats...
  7. Ugly Betty

Honda kicker with oil in carb!

Well...my ordinarily helpful friend was not so helpful. Long story short my kicker was put away lying on its wrong side. I have oil in the carb now. Was thinking of pulling the spark plug and the drain screw on the bottom of the carb. Then using the primer ball flood the carb and purge out the...
  8. Ugly Betty

Bamfield halibut in September?

I have never done a trip this late in the year. Just curious if it's still possible to catch hali offshore of Bamfield , The first week of September. Will I have to be content with Coho and The occasional spring? Typically I have always finished Swiftsure bank out of a friends boat but this...
  9. Ugly Betty

Bamfield area

Myself and fishing crew are heading to bam town in July. So I have been watching Youtube videos on fishing the area to see if I could learn anything new about the area. One video the guy said they were fishing at turtle head. So I checked my chart and don't really see any area of land that...
  10. Ugly Betty

What is the best fish finder/ sonar under $400 bucks?

I have been looking around for a new fish finder for my 16' Lund. The options seem endless and the price just climbs with the bells and whistles. Anyone know of a unit that wont break the bank, and is user friendly? I would prefer plug and play and not sit in my boat all day with a manual. I...
  11. Ugly Betty

Sealing a sandblasted aluminum Lund

I will be getting all the old paint sand blasted off my 16' Lund this week. Has anyone had any luck with a sealer or polish that will keep the aluminum looking fresh . I would like it to have a long lasting shine. I will also be re painting the inside of the boat. Can anyone recommend a good...
  12. Ugly Betty

Family camping in C.R,

I was hoping to get some input on a campground in C.R. But can't seen to find it online. So can anyone recommend a good campground? Would like to find a place that had a nice beach or pool to keep the wife and little ones happy while I fish. Thanks for your time:)
  13. Ugly Betty

Jugs and plugs got me thinking

I use these large Kwick fish for big lake trout. So why not for salmon. It's a cross between a plug and a jug head. What do you guys think. I know it's unconventional.
  14. Ugly Betty

When does Sand heads fishery taper off.

Inspired by all the reports from big springs being caught so close to home. Last week I went out and gave it a shot. Well HOLY crap I,m hooked. Many shredded Anchovies later my buddy and I put two pinks and a 22 pound spring in the box. But now we are looking at our work schedules, trying to put...
  15. Ugly Betty

Boat launch close to Sand heads and T10?

Inspired by recent reports. I want to try out the local area but am unsure where the best launch is for my style of boat. I have a 16' Lund with a 40hp. Any info would be so helpful as this is my first trip out that way. Looking to get away from the gong show out at the Cap. And the the Sand...
Back