Search results

1. firemann911

Battery Replacement - Looking for recommendations?

I'm due to replace my batteries. I have a Yamaha 115HP and am currently running 2-Interstate 24M-XHD, 1000cc amp batteries. I find they've been dogs since I got them several years ago... at time I feel my motor labors to start.... looking for recommendations???!!??
  2. firemann911

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Saw this on Facebook a couple days ago.
  3. firemann911

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

What do they consider "little Beal"?.... I'm familiar with the area as I usually fish the wall. I was looking at a chart today, and was trying to figure it out as I have never fished down near Whittlestone.
  4. firemann911

Bennett Trim Tabs

Bennett has great customer service as well. One of my switches broke (My system was 9-years old at the time) contacted Bennett about the issue, they asked me to mail old switch to their location and shipped me out a brand new one free of charge! Thank you Bennett!!
  5. firemann911

ISO / Wanted ..... Bauer Prawn Traps

Thanks, I was hoping to pick them up used. I think the best price for them new is actually at the Home Hardware in Sidney. I think they're like $40 less then the Harbour Chandler.
  6. firemann911

Prawning help for a beginner

When I said Port Alberni, I guess I was referring to the Alberni Inlet where I prawned in the Nahmint Bay 350-400ft. I have also prawned in Barkley Sound the depths there were more the norm around 300ft.
  7. firemann911

Prawn Bait

Shar-Kare or Buckerfields.... best price that I'm aware of, think there $70-$75 for 20kg bag.
  8. firemann911

Depends on your location, if you prawn in Saanich Inlet over 300' all you get is "squat lobsters" .... but then I've prawned in Port Alberni and 300'-400' is the norm if you want to catch anything.
  9. firemann911

Saanich Inlet and Sidney have fantastic prawning. Try there if you have the ability to launch in the area. Just look for some other traps in the area in about 250-300ft of water.
  10. firemann911

Where you trying to prawn?
  11. firemann911

Looking for someone who works on boat tops

H A M Upholstery in Duncan. Just had all my vinyl windows replaced. He re-sewed all the seems and replaced all the snaps!! Great work and reasonable prices!
  12. firemann911

Bauer prawn traps

Pm sent Rockfish
  13. firemann911

ISO / Wanted ..... Bauer Prawn Traps

Looking for Bauer prawn traps - Vancouver Island. Will pay fair value.
  14. firemann911

Best Place to Buy Wood Pellets - Traeger Pellet Grill

I have used Traeger pellets, but shy away from them because of the added flavoring or whatever you want to call it. I recently purchased the Pit Boss Pellets from Costco, we will see how they are. Thank everyone for the info. Just FYI, everything taste great on my Traeger smoker!
  15. firemann911

Thank you, I'll look into them! I was buying the MoJack Pellets off Amazon, but the price recently skyrocketed!
  16. firemann911

Looking for recommendations on where the best place to buy Traeger cooking pellets or alternative pellets for a reasonable price?
  17. firemann911

Islander MR3

Interested... Location?
  18. firemann911

Little chief smoker

Might be interested if it is still available...? I think I'll be headed to Nanaimo next Friday, if that works?
  19. firemann911

carlisle cat food

Quality Foods.
Back