Search results

1. Doug

Military Aircraft

There has been lots of military jet activities going on over the last two weeks on Oahu. In the last few days, the winds are coming from the south and all commercial and military jet are flying parallel to Waikiki beach. For a change we get a great view of the planes coming past. But it’s hard...
  2. Doug

New Years Celebrations

What are your plans to celebrate New Years? My usual New Years involves a big meal, drinks and falling a sleep on the couch at 10 and not seeing New Years. This year I will be up to watch fireworks. I was just reading the news in Honolulu and a article on Fireworks on New Years. On Oahu you...
  3. Doug

Ethanol in Fuel

Just filled up at Peninsula CO-OP and saw the attached sign. It appears that all gas will contain ethanol, even supreme fuel and up to 10%, starting Oct 1st. I better put a little more fuel stabilizer in the tanks when I store things for the winter.
  4. Doug

Gear for sale

I have the following things for sale. Everything is new and never used: - 2 X large scented grubs. - fish bonker. - 2 X lead Bed containers $25 for it all. I live in Victoria
  5. Doug

Vehicle Appraiser

I have two cars with collector plates, and I need them to be appraised. I’m looking for an appraiser in the Victoria area. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  6. Doug

New Plastic Coat Cannon Balls

I have three new, plastic coated, 10 lb, finned cannon balls. $70 for all 3. PM me or call/text my cell 778 679-2210
  7. Doug

Cannon Balls for Sale

I have 4 X 10lb cannon balls which have the small fin. $25 each or all four for $75 PM me if you are interested. Doug
  8. Doug

More Stuff For Sale

2 new lead bed cannonball holders $32 3 new large flavored halibut grubs packages $ 25 1 new EZ reel bracket $10 1 new fish bonker $10 New 8 cup stainless steel coffee maker $40. All for $100 You can text me at ph 250 679-2210
  9. Doug

Stuff For Sale

I have the following for sale: - 2 X Scotty dual rod holders. $40 each or both for $60 - New 17lb Super Hooker 18, Danforth anchor. $50 - New 14lb Super Hooker Danforth anchor. $40 - 135 ft of 1/2 "rope with a 25 ft or 1/4" chain $20 I live in Victoria and you can reach me at 778 679-2210
  10. Doug

DFO Minister Announcement.

Just received this from SVIAC Minister Murray … “Time’s Up!!” The Southern BC Public Chinook Fishery is stuck in crisis. From April until August, now for the fifth straight year, non-retention of Chinook has been implemented in Georgia, Haro and Juan de Fuca Straits. This is a call to action...
  11. Doug

Funny Gifts

I received a gift from my mother-in-law. She is Finish and English is not her first language. She thought it would be a good idea for me to have plier to remove pin bones. So, she purchased the pliers. and then made up a little bag for the pliers to live in. She also stitched a little saying...
  12. Doug

St Jean's Cannery Schedule

I went to Nanaimo yesterday to drop off fish for processing (Lox). Got there at 10 and dropped off my fish and also other guys fish from Victoria for canning. Save them a trip. All of our paper work was done in 15-20 minutes and by completion there was a line up of 4 other groups dropping off...
  13. Doug

Four Life Jackets For Sale:

Four key hole life jackets in carrying bag. Never used, Purchased at West Marine 2008. Carrying bag makes it easy to store them and access them when needed. I live in Victoria. $45 Ph or text 778 679-2210
  14. Doug

Salt water fishing licenses cost less in 2022/2023

Just received my salt water fishing licence package and noted a license costs less this year? I wrote to DFO and here is their response. Thank you for your response to the IAP Newsletter #8. There was a small typo in the newsletter, the 2022/2023 fees have slightly decrease compared to the...
  15. Doug

No Anchovies in 2022 Again?

I saw a post yesterday, where a person is selling 8 and 10 packages of anchovies for $19 a package. The heading read NO ANCHOVIES THIS YEAR AGAIN??? I checked all the local fishing stores in Victoria and then called around up island and had no luck on finding anyone with anchovies. Most place...
  16. Doug

2 Prawn Traps for Sale

Two round S/S Prawn Traps, rope, floats. great condition. I live in Victoria. $150. for both. crab traps are not for sale. PM me.
  17. Doug

Fly Rod and Reel for sale

New Martin Stillwater 9’ 6” fly rod and Browning Xchange reel with 2nd spool, backing line, main line and two leaders. I purchased it for Coho beach fishing but never got there. It is new. $150. Call or text ph 778 679-2210
  18. Doug

New MR 3 Reel and other fishing stuff for sale.

- New gold MR 3 reel, still in the box with line on it. Never used.. $550 - 4 pack of adult life jackets still in the package and never used. $40. TC approved. - Halibut 10/0 and 9/0 hooks and 9/0 X 2 leaders for sale. - Halibut ugly stick rod, great shape. $30 I live in Victoria. Call or...
  19. Doug

Fishing and boat stuff for sale.

- A 4 pack of Kent Type II Adult Life Jackets with Clear Storage Bag, 4 Each (Orange). Never used $55. - One Marinco 20A 125V to 30A 125V adapter plug, never used $20 - Halibut hooks 9/0, 12 hooks for $10. OR 10/0 hooks 10 hooks for $10. - Halibut leaders made up of 2 X 9/0 hooks, 150 test line...
  20. Doug

US Coastguard/RCMP Checks.

We fished about a ¼ mile off shore from the flag pole in Victoria yesterday. About 10 am we noticed a large (40 ft) aluminum vessel coming out of Victoria harbour and heading toward the 8 fishing boats out front of the harbour. It got about and 1/8 mile away and then it started head towards us...
Back