Search results

1. donnie d

Okanagan lake reports 2023

Paddlewheeel. Sunday the 8th, stunning day on the lake. Cruised to bear creek/Traders area and over to Paul’s Tomb. Got a nice 19 inch fatty down 80 feet on apex. Couple smaller ones on small fishinator up top. Still very warm water, only dropped a degree to 62-62.5.
  2. donnie d

63.5 degree water up at Vernon end. Still pretty warm. Pulled some plugs yesterday, got one smaller taker, 2 other hits up top nothing deep. Out again next week
  3. donnie d

Replacing original hooks on spoons

100% pure garbage. Should just sell without hooks. I throw the vmc hooks on em.
  4. donnie d

Was out Sept 2. Only got two small ones by Fintry. Tried OKC out in the deep, marked some but no sizeable takers. Likely not out again until October 2.
  5. donnie d

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Crazy huh. I paid 399/night this summer, but I booked 2 years ago. Now the same room is 1049/night. Those NR boats are insane. It’s like a school bus in there, 9 or 10 seats with shockwaves for each seat. They were all tied up at Moutcha when I was there July 29-Aug 2, but they all took off...
  6. donnie d

Rates up 260% at Moutcha to pay for their $5M investment in those North Rivers. Beautiful boats, but Moutcha doesn’t make a lot of sense for me anymore.
  7. donnie d

Rod tension

Certainly this is a bit different, I do the same for the coho rod out the back (not on dr) drag so loose that the 6oz weight is a C hair from pulling line. Dr tight to the water and drag as finely tightened as possible, with likely loosening when a fish is on. I only get a couple trips a year to...
  8. donnie d

West kelowna fire. I got room for your stuff

Lots of rain last night. Strange drive thru Kelowna and Westbank this am with the fog like smoke and blue skies.
  9. donnie d

West kelowna fire. I got room for your stuff

The NW is not good. Fire already jumped in 3 spots last night with the SW. NW will aim straight at Downtown now. In Vernon could see the flames from my living room. Sadly, Friends of ours have lost their house. It went from a small fire to an absolute Armageddon blaze in under a day. Thoughts...
  10. donnie d

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Surf line changed on the 15th. We tried all over for chinooks, nothing but shakers, and a couple decent coho. We had fun with bottom fish and then went 6/12 on sockeye in the inlet to end on a high note. Sockeye fishing is a riot. Not too many people I spoke with had any Chinook July 8-12. We...
  11. donnie d

god I hope for everyone’s sake it’s better than last week. At least you can go chase the springs sitting offshore.
  12. donnie d

2023 Campbell River Reports

South end of quadra off Wilby Shoals
  13. donnie d

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

It’s like that all the way out and all over the sound. It’s weird.
  14. donnie d

Yep. I’m there 8-12
  15. donnie d

I’ll be there. Come say hello. White kingfisher soft top.
  16. donnie d

34 days for that NW to relent….
  17. donnie d

Campbell River or Comox guide

Curtis Smith - I think his company is coastal wilderness adventures
  18. donnie d

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Smash those over some rocks, olive oil, salt and oregano and you’ve got a core culinary memory there. Good on ya
  19. donnie d

gold river boat launch

leaving the ramp stay to the right then there is a picnic bench or something up to your right which is about when you have to go further to the left in the channel. You miss the rock, IIRC, by doing that and follow the deeper water. Reverse order coming back in.
  20. donnie d

Forum members BOATS

What a platform. You've got life by the shorthairs with that rig!! Congrats.
Back