Search results

1. gamechanger

Southeast Alaska is shutting down their chinook fisheries...gulp

Not good news for chinook... FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Charles O. Swanton, Deputy Commissioner, (907) 465-4115 ADF&G Announces Non-retention of Chinook Salmon for Commercial and Recreational Fisheries Throughout Southeast Alaska August 7, 2017, JUNEAU – Due to poor ocean survival...
  2. gamechanger

Salt Ice in Zeballos or Tahsis??

Hey guys, just wondering if there is any chance of getting salt ice in either of these places this summer (end of July for me)? If not what do people do for ice in these areas? Cheers, B
  3. gamechanger

What happened to Skippers Marine in Nanaimo

Anyone know what happened to Skippers Marine in Nanaimo? I went down there the other day to see if I could buy some parts and oil for a service and its gone...? Anyone know where the closest Suzuki dealer is (not Breakers in Port)
  4. gamechanger

2017 Conuma chinook forecast - rec and gillnet fisheries

Hi everyone, the Conuma chinook forecast for 2017 is 24k-50k. The Area 25 Harvest Committee agreed last week to use a mid-point of 38k so based on that forecast the commercial gillnet fleet has a TAC of about 13k. So if the forecast stays the same the gillnet fishery will start on August 15 for...
  5. gamechanger

Sproat Lake Loggers Derby...

Hey guys, anyone know the dates for this year?
  6. gamechanger

Bamfield Boardwalk house cancellation - now available Augu 15-20 if anyone wants it!

Hi guys, just had a cancellation on some sweet August dates yesterday...and unfortunately I am going to be in Nootka and can't make it out. I wish I could make it because that should be prime time for the big run of Somass Chinook to be pouring through Barkley Sound. The house is available 6...
  7. gamechanger

Quatsino - Area 27 Chinook Management Measures

Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0663-RECREATIONAL - Salmon: Areas 25 to 27 and 125 to 127 - West Coast Vancouver Island Chinook Management Measures Chinook management measures are implemented annually on the West Coast of Vancouver...
  8. gamechanger

Kyuquot - Area 26 Chinook Management Measures

Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Salmon Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0663-RECREATIONAL - Salmon: Areas 25 to 27 and 125 to 127 - West Coast Vancouver Island Chinook Management Measures Chinook management measures are implemented annually on the West Coast of Vancouver...
  9. gamechanger

Area 25 Chinook Management Measures

10. gamechanger

Bamfield House Rental - 2016 Tuna Derby

Hi guys, its looking like our crew can't make it for the 2016 tuna derby so I'll be renting the house out. If anyone wants the house that week for the derby let me know. Sleeps 6 guys, includes moorage, right in Bamfield on the Boardwalk. $1800 for the week. More info and pictures on...
  11. gamechanger

Here's the best news I have heard in a while...the Godzilla of all El Nino's is dead

Thank God, this record breaker is officially on it's way out according to NOAA and some of the other climate scientists. Seeking shelter from the sun in April on Vancouver Island is not normal, watching your grass go brown by May in Victoria is not normal, so this will be a change welcomed by...
  12. gamechanger

Looking for a dog

Hi guys anyone know of a dog or puppy for sale or that needs a home? Our golden retriever has been gone for about 2 months and I think we are ready for another. Not too picky about the breed/dog as long as it's good with kids. Thx
  13. gamechanger

Dinghy Dock or Silva Bay

Anyone eaten at either one of these places lately? How's the food? Did Silva Bay re-open?
  14. gamechanger

Warm Water Weirdness

Hey guys, would really appreciate any reports (especially with pictures) of things you are seeing on the ocean this summer that may be related to the warm water event. The humbolt squid off Nanaimo is really getting some interest from our DFO scientists. Vellela vellela (by-the-wind sailor...
  15. gamechanger

Trade Bamfield Fishing Trip and/or Accommodations for some firewood

Hey guys, would anyone be up for trading me some firewood (in Nanaimo) for some accommodations or fishing in Bamfield? I need about 4 cords, if interested PM me. Cheers, gc www.185boardwalk.com
  16. gamechanger

San Juan opens tomorrow for coho

Hi guys, the San Juan opens for coho tomorrow morning, 1/day. Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN1179-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Region 1 - San Juan River - coho opportunity - October 25, 2014 Effective 00:01 hours October 25, 2014 to 23:59 hours December...
  17. gamechanger

Tofino - Area 24 SFAC Meeting

Hi everyone, the Tofino/Uke SFAC Meeting is going to be held on October 16, 2014 at Marina West in Tofino at 6pm. The past few meetings have been pretty light in attendance, so if some more folks can make it that would be great. If you have any local issues that you would like to discuss than...
  18. gamechanger

Port Alberni - Area 23 - SFAC Meeting

Hi guys, the Area 23 SFAC meeting is going to be Monday, October 27th at 7 p.m. at the Kiwanis Hut at the Fall Fair in Port Alberni. Its open to public, and if you have some local issues that you would like discussed, bring them forward, or pass them on and I will bring them to the meeting.
  19. gamechanger

Area 14 Courtenay/Comox SFAC Meeting

Hi guys, the Area 14 SFAC meeting is going to be Nov 14, 2014 at 1PM at DFO Comox office. Its open to public but seating is limited, as the boardroom is pretty tiny. If you have some local issues that you would like discussed, bring them forward, or let me know and I will bring them to the meeting.
Back