Search results

1. gamechanger

Tuna, 2018 - it won't be long

Like Trophywife said boats will be fishing tuna outta Bamfield from the 8-15 , if people want to join call Mills Landing and we'll try to coordinate the boats.
  2. gamechanger

2018 Nanaimo Reports

Anyone out last night...chinook fishing still good?
  3. gamechanger

King crab traps

that would be a fun trip from Hardy...going after king crab. There must be some within a few hrs from there
  4. gamechanger

2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Looking forward to hearing whats going on if anyone has been out...?
  5. gamechanger

2017 Tuna Adventures

looks like there may be another nice window here mid-week...Wednesday looks good.
  6. gamechanger

2017 Tuna Adventures

Id be up for octuna
  7. gamechanger

2017 Tuna Adventures

Hope people are still going to go, it was just getting better and better every day until the end of the shootout. I bet you could slay tuna for a few more weeks if you get the weather windows to go
  8. gamechanger

2017 Tuna Adventures

The run out this morn!
  9. gamechanger

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Any pinks in Departure Bay yet, or Nanaimo Harbour?
  10. gamechanger

Potential Tuna Research

if we get some tuna in the derby you could likely get some samples, get in touch with Jerry at Mills Landing, or Brian McKay and McKay Bay, I'm sure guys would be happy to give you the carks.
  11. gamechanger

So weird that the springs aren't in the sound yet...but they are going to have to start pouring in soon. Maybe the low pressure at the end of the week/weekend will change things up
  12. gamechanger

No size limit for Chinok?

When fishery notices expire things just return to the status quo regualtion. DFO typically doesn't release a fishery notice saying that a regulation has expired.
  13. gamechanger

area 14; is ling closed now

Lingcod is not closed, there are some closures in Area 13 that did come into effect July 15. Discovery Passage has a gear restriction and Cape Mudge is a finfish closure, status quo for the rest. On the website.
  14. gamechanger

Southeast Alaska is shutting down their chinook fisheries...gulp

Not good news for chinook... FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Charles O. Swanton, Deputy Commissioner, (907) 465-4115 ADF&G Announces Non-retention of Chinook Salmon for Commercial and Recreational Fisheries Throughout Southeast Alaska August 7, 2017, JUNEAU – Due to poor ocean survival...
  15. gamechanger

Fishing has been really good for springs, coho and halis. Outer islands have been the best, not a lot of biggy's yet, but I saw a 29 last week from the Wall. Our best was a 21, and a 9 lb coho. Lots of action and tons of bait, especially little herring.
  16. gamechanger

Salt Ice in Zeballos or Tahsis??

Hey guys, just wondering if there is any chance of getting salt ice in either of these places this summer (end of July for me)? If not what do people do for ice in these areas? Cheers, B
  17. gamechanger

Just heard a report of 20lb+fish at Pill coming from some guys at China Creek, any truth to that, anyone finding fish on the inside?
  18. gamechanger

Line puller recommendations

Ace Line Haulers are a great product and have amazing warranties/service...I don't think you could beat how they stand behind their pullers
  19. gamechanger

2017 Nanaimo Reports

anybody out yesterday/last night, looked sweet out there
  20. gamechanger

A group just left our place after fishing in Bam for 4 days and they had 21 springs, limits of crab and 2 limits of prawns...that's not hot fishing but it is better than I thought they were going to do based on what I have been hearing...so there must be a few fish around. Mostly small fish...
Back