Search results

1. fish4all

Best boat for overnighting and fishing??

Just going into retirement stage and would like to find a boat for the wife and I to enjoy the BC coast. Would appreciate a few recommendations. I have worked on the ocean most of my life but know little about pleasure boats. Few things on the wish list. -trailerable -separate head...
  2. fish4all

Aluminum boat builders - why have they become so greedy???

I have owned a few different boats aluminum and glass. I always liked the aluminum for durability and running them on the beach. That being said most don’t ride nearly as well as a heavy glass boat. A family member bought a duck worth for $280k and I can say I definitely don’t see or feel the...
  3. fish4all

salmon lox or Gravlax recipe?

Mix in a can or bucket 1/3 part demorarra dark brown sugar 2/3 parts fine salt Lay sides face up and cover with mixture. 16hr soak for big sockeye 14hr for smaller. Rinse sides in the brine and lay on drying racks for 8-10 hrs. Cold smoke for 18-48 hours depending on humidity. 18 for...
  4. fish4all

I’m ready to upgrade to a chamber vacuum

anyone have a great lead on buying 4mil bags?
  5. fish4all

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

5 in the boat last night with 7 releases just north of Hornby. Fishing deep. 250+.
  6. fish4all

Conservatives Fisheries Platform

I did a bit of cut and paste to try and focus on BC. The full platform is on the Federal Conservatives site. If someone wants to find the other parties platform and post that would be great. Personally I haven’t like what I’ve seen over the last few years. Fisheries Conservation and Community...
  7. fish4all

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Had 2 in the boat off kitty in an hour on Thursday when the wind let up. Deep using a blue meanie hootchie.
  8. fish4all

Minister Jordan announces long-term commercial closures and Licence Retirement Program in effort to save Pacific Salmon

I am in SE Alaska as I type. They are having big concerns over stocks as well. Difference is Alaska supports fisheries where BC and Canada do not. Interesting when talking to a buyer here they mention that 4-6% of the troll caught coho have gillnet marks. That can only happen on the high seas.
  9. fish4all

Whales are Healthy. Open it up.

Without a doubt. Seeing the newly invigorated push to close hunting and fishing I would say the city folks and government have us all screwed.
  10. fish4all

Whales are Healthy. Open it up.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/mobile/southern-resident-orca-pod-in-best-condition-in-decade-1.5421584
  11. fish4all

Somass Sockeye

perhaps get an opportunity once all the fish has swam by and into the river. does that really count as opportunity?
  12. fish4all

FIVE NATIONS MULTI-SPECIES FISHERY MANAGEMENT PLAN

100% of the ground fish boats. if there is a south salmon season for chum that will be 100% observed. The trollers I believe is mandatory log books but I dont think they have a camera..... yet.
  13. fish4all

Somass Sockeye

i doubt very much all sectors will get an opportunity. if i was a betting man i would bet only one sector will get an oppotunity.
  14. fish4all

Scientists worry cod will never come back in N.L.

I have spent a fair bit of time over the last 2 months working with different fisheries groups on the east coast. To the best of my knowledge the 10 million seals and no predators is having the largest impact. To the point that more fisheries will be collapsing to feed the mass.
  15. fish4all

FIVE NATIONS MULTI-SPECIES FISHERY MANAGEMENT PLAN

Might want to look in the mirror with this one. What has the catching power of the largest fleet on the coast (sports) done over the last decade with high speed down riggers, plotters and gps? It’s a no wonder we are all being restricted. The commercial fleet has all but been decimated and...
  16. fish4all

New Central Coast Crab Closures

No such luck. This person is pretty high up in the DFO food chain. I have to add that this is from the newly developed “Oceans” side of DFO. The side developed to get us all off the water.
  17. fish4all

Yes the data used was not accurate. All day zoom meeting today over the next rounds of closures. Not very encouraging when this is one of the DFO coordinators email disclaimer. Easy to give away the farm if you’re a government employee getting a pension. I would like to acknowledge the...
  18. fish4all

Wrong. This is totally new.
Back