Search results

1. rapid

Crabbing from a seadoo

Right on cool to see the diversity of the ski and great footage of the trap in action!
  2. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Ucluelet Fishing has been pretty decent, Looking forward to getting the Seadoo FishPro out, lots of casting hopefully another hali and really keen to try cut-plugging tight to the kelp beds. I've never been super stoked on trolling off this thing (got a boat for that with DR's etc..) but if cut...
  3. rapid

Highway 4 opens to two-way traffic as Kennedy Lake Project wraps up

Living in Ukee for the last for the last 8 years glad to see this complete. That "company" was like a girlfriend that would never leave. I thought about getting Ukee and Tofino together to make a mixed tape and give them back all their stuff ha ha. Girl don't go away mad, just go away!
  4. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Right on looks like McKay Bay Lodge! How did you make out, lots of pockets to fish out of lump in Barkley.
  5. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

I followed a build on you-tube, formed & tig welded a holder that mounts the AGM battery under the back deck. Wired in parallel to increase capacity. We also make sure to have the lithium Ion jump kit charged up and stowed on board. Because I'm spin casting with the engine off...
  6. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Looks sweet! 215hp they must rip I find ours pretty quick with 170hp!
  7. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

The fuel tank is large 18.5 gallons pretty much impossible to kill a tank in one day especially if you are fishing lots. They also have engine modes from Sport, Eco, Troll etc so if you wanted to conserve fuel they'll go a long ways. I recommend a lithium Ion jump kit, the engine management...
  8. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Morn'in gents, I usually use a large spin casting set up with a bunch of 2 or 3 oz jigs, feels like you're casting 100 yards with braided line ha ha. I'll cast out let the jig drop/flutter through the bait. Kill the engine listen to tunes and throw a bunch of casts. If it's not happening rip...
  9. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

If you shop around decent units are $19~low $22K used not sure about new, they were booking 12 month wait lists for new not that long ago. I feel with regular maint they should have a long service life, closed loop fresh water cooled, naturally aspirated (the 170 HP model).
  10. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Top of the morn'in, Just thinking out loud but how much interest would there be in "Jet Ski - West Coast Fishing Derby" Based out of Ucluelet early summer 2023? PM me or reply here with any thoughts!
  11. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

I was wondering how the heck you'd set this up looks great! How well does it track, if you let go of the bars and pulling the cannon ball reeling in does it want to fall off tack pretty bad or do you lock the steering somehow?
  12. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Right on Nice Chinook! I haven't played around the the troll mode or down riggers, just been using big spin casting set up with braided line / Fluorocarbon leader. Are you fishing from the Island or off the Van side somewhere?
  13. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Good Morning River boy, Yes and no, if you're just cruising with the tunes on and not really white capping out you can. I was off shore on a big swell / no chop day doing 80~90km jumping the tops of the swell stayed dry! It's the sharp cornering, and bigger steep chop that gets you soaked...
  14. rapid

Seadoo FishPro

Hey gang, Merry Christmas! Anyone else fishing with a Seadoo? Purchased x2, 2021 Seadoo Fish Pro's last year been an absolute hoot! Fun on the ocean, camping on some remote lakes, fast and cheap to run. They have some great features IDF(-system for clearing the impeller), engine tuning modes...
  15. rapid

Winter Spring Derby March 5-6 2022

That is excellent news will definitely be grabbing tickets for this! Thanks gents! One of my favorite fishing events & early season shenanigans!
  16. rapid

Seals gorging themselves on a school of fry in Victoria Harbour April 17, 2021

I was involved in a project to "cull" some problem seals (legally with DFO), they were lining up under bridges at night, that have street lamps and clobbering the out migrating smolts. Basically lined up mouths open as the smolts swam into the shadow line caused by the street lamps. It was...
  17. rapid

Yamaha F150 lower unit

ha ha I can see that happening, one of my last times fishing out front of Nanaimo had a double header of chinook and a double header with seals kept on them like you mentioned and got one fish back lost everything on the other it was like a whole sport was being born!!. I do truly appreciate...
  18. rapid

Yamaha F150 lower unit

PM sent thank you ship happens! Profisher I'd try to purchase all those lower units off you if they fit (my wife drives the boat to ha ha)
  19. rapid

Yamaha F150 lower unit

Hey folks, I have a Yamaha 2004 F150 and the gear chatter going into reverse seems to be getting slowly worse. (it's not the cable I does the same shifting by hand right at the block) I've had this engine since 2005 so no complaints and it does still go into reverse, this tells me the engine is...
Back