Search results

1. easydoesit

Ferry Road Boat Launch - Ladner

The City of Delta has plans to rebuild this ramp starting September 15th of this year. For more information and to provide input/feedback please go to let’s.talk.delta.ca Thx Phil
  2. easydoesit

Vhf headset w mic

Haven’t tried this myself yet, but I’m thinking about it. I have a pair of Walker noise canceling headphones with microphone and speaker. I use these at the shooting range. I can hear conversations quite clearly and loud noises are cancelled out. Thinking about wearing them when I’m running...
  3. easydoesit

Kicker and Sonar Interferance

A couple of things to consider: 50 kHz will have noticeably less resolution than 200 or 90 kHz due to physics - not the best for spotting fish. Your trim tabs are close to transducer and will Cause turbulence - are they out of the way when trolling?
  4. easydoesit

Anyone ever seen these white dots on canned salmon?

I worked in microbiology labs both pathology and food labs for 7 years. If it was mine I would bury it the garden, deep.
  5. easydoesit

16’ Double Eagle Downrigger Install

Important decision either at transom or (some distance) further ahead. You may not have much room forward. Good idea of yours to check on this forum for suggestions. You may want to dummy it up on land to see what works with your gear (Scotty clip length etc). Tremendous force can be exerted...
  6. easydoesit

Winter harbour

Check the back pages of BC Outdoors magazine. There are generally real estate postings, both via realtors and private sales there. Might save you some searching, hope this helps
  7. easydoesit

Smaller boats to avoid buying

Previously owned a Harbercraft Nahanni, a welded aluminum hull. Admittedly saw some hard use on the North arm of the Fraser and local saltwater. Aluminum flexed, then cracked and then began to leak. I think as a lake boat it would have been a great design.
  8. easydoesit

2024-25 DFO proposal and survey on salmon measures

Appreciate that you are getting the word out, thank you. I contribute my time and $ to hunting,fishing and political causes. That’s how I help.
  9. easydoesit

In Memoriam

Ron Triggs , “Doubleheader” call sign , passed away December 22, 2023. Ron was well known to many of us fishermen. Resident of Port Coquitlam as well as a summer resident in Otter Point for years. Ron taught me many things related to fishing, work, life, and family. It was a pleasure to know...
  10. easydoesit

2024-25 DFO proposal and survey on salmon measures

I know I’m being naive here, but, 1. who is the MP for the south island? 2. would raising our concerns with him/her/them/whatsit? be more productive than complaining on this site? just asking.
  11. easydoesit

Photo Thread

Caamano Sound 2022
  12. easydoesit

Fishing Lodges - Rivers Inlet - Hakai

Chuck, Trip was great. Date shifted a bit, ending July 2. Lost one Chinook estimated over 30. Couple of Chinooks at 19 lbs, one Hali at 45 Lbs. Even a flounder (delicious) great Fishing for cohos and chinooks. Lodge was great in every respect, well organized, excellent food and...
  13. easydoesit

Transducer question

All good advice above. With the equipment you have you could set up one system as your main fishing sonar and have the second as a backup. This is what I run having had a couple of transom mount transducers knocked off by wooden stuff while running. One time was the first day of a 6 day trip...
  14. easydoesit

Running Outboard on Flush Connection

Bought Saltaway a few times on Amazon.ca And the order was filled by False Creek Fuels in Vancouver. Can you buy from FCF directly, maybe ?
  15. easydoesit

Downrigger braid

Bought my PowerPro Downrigger braid at Pacific Net and Twine in Richmond.
  16. easydoesit

Give Us Your Best Boat Name!

I was on a boat once that was owned by a fellow whose company did sales meetings. The boat was named “On Location”. Asked if it was a yacht, his reply “my insurance company says it’s a yacht”
  17. easydoesit

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

80 feet was the magic depth for us at Sandheads yesterday. Caught one at 100 feet, rest at 80.
  18. easydoesit

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Seiners out at Sandheads today.
  19. easydoesit

Need a hand with salmon trolling

Think about presentation all the time in addition to thinking about your gear. You will find the odd tack that works in two directions and some places where a cross current tack works consistently. Most inshore fishing you want to be fishing with the tide on the drop off Or working the humps...
  20. easydoesit

Lowrance 3 in 1 plastic to metal bracket replacement

Yes, I did this a few years back. Product from “Transducer Shield and saver”. Stainless steel, spring loaded , kicks up on impact. Pros: Seems to be kicking up on impact, no damage works well at trolling speed. I have an in hull Tx for speed, so no problem. Cons: Think I overtightened when...
Back