Search results

1. kayladog

Who fixes fishing rods

Used to take my rods to island outfitters in Victoria for repairs, but they're closed still, so where can I go to get a broken eye replaced.
  2. kayladog

Marine gas for Victoria/Sooke

Good news, I read that the new Co-op station to open on Wale Road will have midgrade marine/marked gas. Finally be able to fill the boat up again with cheaper fuel on way to Sooke.
  3. kayladog

Little Chief Smoker

Got a new Bradley for Christmas so need to sell the old smoker, still works well, comes with 3 bags of chips $40 250-884-5440
  4. kayladog

Herring in Gorge

Interesting sight on the Gorge waterway this morning near the trestle. Literally, millions of 2-3" baitfish stretching across the entire waterway. Probably herring fingerlings that have hatched from the spring spawn. Seals were gorging themselves. They should be making their way to open water...
  5. kayladog

Where to buy Marine Gas for Sooke

Heads up that the Shell on Sooke Rd in Colwood no longer has marked/marine gas and they also tore down the Payless in Sooke. So where can one buy marine gas when going to Sooke waters, besides the high prices at a marina?
  6. kayladog

seized steering

I put a new steering cable on the boat this summer but when it sits the stainless ram that runs through the outboard bracket tube keeps seizing up. The problem is from rust in the tube the motor pivots on. You'd think Evinrude would have used stainless for the tube. I cleaned it all out...
  7. kayladog

Lost Boat Window

The right side window from my boat top blew away somewhere between Victoria & Duncan when I was headed north on Friday Dec 4. Its blue canvas & clear vinyl. Much appreciated if someone finds it on the side of the highway. Larry 250-884-5440
Back