Search results

1. D

Bamfield Storage 3 days Mon-Weds

I am looking for some to store a boat either in the water or on land for three days Mon to Weds. next week Aug 21-23. less expensive the better as long as safe.
  2. D

Zeballos or Tahsis or Gold River

I am planning a trip this weekend and need advice. I am pulling a 22 ft boat on a trailer and sleeping on the boat. I am really trying to control costs and keep gas use down. Gas costs in my truck are paid for but not boat gas costs. Am I better to drive to Zeballos or Tahsis or just Gold...
  3. D

Wanted 15 lb Downrigger Balls

Looking for 2 or 3 15 pound Downrigger balls. Preferably in Nanaimo. Passing through on Thurs July 6.
  4. D

Port Hardy, Port McNeil or Nootka Sound 1st week of July

I am planning to go fishing north Island first week of July. Have never fished north of Nootka sound. Where would be the best area to fish for springs The first week of July. Have salmon fished for 40 years but never north of Nootka. Any help greatly appreciated.
  5. D

Upholstery Recommendation

I need to replace the top on my 22 ft boat and have it stored in Port Alberni right now any recommendation where to go? Don’t mind towing if good place with reasonable price. Thanks
  6. D

Transporting Fish

Does anyone know for sure what the rules are of transporting someone else fish? One of the other forums says it’s against the law to transport others fish and then others say it’s okay if you have a letter, identified fish and where you are transporting to.
  7. D

Downrigger balls

Looking for 4 15 lb downrigger balls. Where is the best place to get them could be in Van or on Island. I use to buy from a guy in Nanaimo for 30’each but can’t find his number
  8. D

Merc Pro KickerProp Guard

I just got a 2014 Merc 15 hp Prokicker xl leg and was wondering where is the best place to get a prop guard? Could be in Vancouver or Victoria Thanks
  9. D

Bottom Paint

I am looking for someone who might have a gallon of bottom paint for sale. I am redoing a 21 ft boat bottom. Boat only sits in water once or twice a year for a week at a time.
  10. D

Best Place To Get Bottom Paint

I am hoping to apply new bottom paint to my 21 foot boat and was wondering if anyone knew the best place to get inexpensive bottom paint? Also does anyone know how much paint I will need for a 21 foot boat?
  11. D

Evinrude oil?

I just bought a used Evinrude etc G1 and was wondering where the best place to buy oil for it?
  12. D

Buying a boat in US Post COVID

I am starting a thread to share information on buying a boat in the US PostCOVID. I have bought a few boats in the States and have them shipped to Blaine but can Canadians get them across the border now?
  13. D

Downrigger Question

I was doing maintenance on my 1106 and realized that the wire is frayed at the 150 ft mark. The total wire is 300 ft long. I don’t really want to have to put in a new wire can I splice the wire in the middle and what is the best way to do this? Or am I better to put on a brand new wire on? Thanks
  14. D

Best way to attach a cannon ball

I have been ocean fishing for over 30 years but everything is self taught or something I have read up on. I was wondering what is the best and most economical way to attach a cannon ball to a downriver with wire on it. I am sure that there a lot of ways to do it but looking for the easiest...
  15. D

Scotty Model Number

I was wondering if anyone knew how to tell what model your Scotty downriver is. I know it’s easy to tell the 2106 but I have two older ones one with a single belt and one with two belts. Which is which and is either of them better?
  16. D

2009 aluminum corrosion?

I am looking at buying a 2009 aluminum boat and it looked good until I climbed under it and seen all these marks. Does anyone know what might cause these? I was thinking barnacles and then pressure washer off. Does this affect the hull? Or is it corrosion? There are a lot of guys who know there...
  17. D

Bravo Three for sale

I have a complete upper half 2.2 gearing for a Bravo 3 and all the insides of the lower. Came from a leg that had 118 hrs on it but the boat next to it had a hot spot and the lower casing corroded really bad. No water got into the inside so the gears etc are in excellent shape with only 118 hrs...
  18. D

Immaculate 2006 Sea Ray Amberjack 270

2006 Sea Ray Amberjack that has always been a fresh water boat until 2 years ago. This boat shows the amazing workmanship that Sea Ray is known for. Only the best are used to build these boats and it shows. Boat is immaculate and everything is great shape. Boat fully loaded with ever option...
  19. D

Salt Ice in Ukee??

Does anyone know if there is a cheap place to get Salt Ice in Ukee? Or am I better to get ice Inn port or even Nanaimo? Arriving late Tues in Ukee for 5 days.
  20. D

Best Rod Set Up for Trolling

looking for advice on best way to set up a trolling rod. I usually put on a ball bearing swivel with a clip on it that I can easily attach a flasher too. Then to the flasher I have all my rigs set up with a 6 ball bearing swivel that I attach to the flasher. I have noticed that sometime I get...
Back