Search results

1. bigdogeh

gold river boat launch

Is the road in to tahsis paved now? Is there a good spot to launch in tahsis and store a boat and vehicle?
  2. bigdogeh

Trailer Brakes upgrade

Can't say for sure, but I bet it will. I have the hydrastar on my duramax with integrated controller. The hydrastar should come with a module (CAM) to allow it to work with your vehicle and controller. At least it did with mine. Should all be plug and play. (The module anyways...)
  3. bigdogeh

There go those fish and everything thats coming upstream is dead!

Really makes a person proud of our environmental record, doesn't it....:rolleyes::mad: Sadder still is these types of outcomes have become the norm here in Canada. No accountability from government or industry whatsoever. What a sad example and legacy to leave our children with...
  4. bigdogeh

Anchoring Barkley Sound

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/anchoring-in-bamfield-ucluelet.33414/ We use Effingham bay quite often when were around there. (broken island group)
  5. bigdogeh

Volvo Outdrive Gimbal Bearing and U-joint Replacement

I think that would depend on if you had gear issues. Say if the gears were worn or grenades it might be easier to go to a new leg in the long run...If just gimbal bearing, bellows, u joints, gaskets... prob a few hundred in parts if you do the work yourself. Getting into the gearing can be alot...
  6. bigdogeh

Volvo Outdrive Gimbal Bearing and U-joint Replacement

should be some youtube video's showing you how to do it. I've done it a few times on mercruiser outdrives. Had to make and purchase a few specialty tools. It would help if you are fairly mechanically inclined as it is a bit involved...
  7. bigdogeh

Next round of closures SRKW related

Wow, Looks like we didn't leave any for the seals....They must be starving and wasting away also.... :rolleyes: I'd like to see his (Greg Taylor from MCC) source of peer reviewed scientific research that he pulled these numbers from. What a crock....
  8. bigdogeh

Zero-emission Aircraft for the Future

I had a kia SUV pull in front of my driveway a couple months ago and it was on fire under the hood. Didn't even make the news here... total loss.....
  9. bigdogeh

Annoucement of Protest Outside Fisheries Minister's office May 1 from 12 to 1 PM

I would think if they can fly over the guys fishing hali's on the banks and make an estimate of the halibut quota taken by sportsfishermen they have a pretty good idea on the amount of fish going to the black market. I'm sure it would make you cringe knowing the true numbers. Or maybe I'm wrong...
  10. bigdogeh

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

status says SOLD. so guess it did sell quickly. I've got a d4.2L diesel that would make that boat fly... and with great fuel economy. I imagine the 3 litre would have pretty good economy as well. If it gets it up on plane...
  11. bigdogeh

Chart symbols

Look a bit like the kelp, weed symbols on my furuno but seems kinda deep for those symbols to be showing up. Maybe environmentally sensitive area or munitions practrice firing area? If the later I would think there would be a broken line border around the area... Just guessing also though.
  12. bigdogeh

Are AGM batteries worth it?

Hi Macro. I made it 5S and use a small bms. (each individual cell is approx 2.72V when tested with a voltmeter) I love the battery so far. I use it to run a 2000# warn winch that's mounted off my potpulling jib, but I don't actually use it to retrieve pots (should have been clearer in my post...
  13. bigdogeh

Apparently it’s good news..

It seems that the areas with the expensive hard to get to, high end lodges catering to the rich, full pocket crowd aren't taking a hit. Central coast, haida gwaii... If anything it will make them busier. Basically a nice gift from the government. I hope lobbying wasn't involved in this decision...
  14. bigdogeh

25' Carolina Classic REDUCED PRICE

Your link isn't working for me...
  15. bigdogeh

freshwater fishing license

http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/#requirements try using firefox or another browser (chrome, or explorer). Sometimes that makes the difference I've found.
  16. bigdogeh

I've always enjoyed watching this guys video's. He has quite a few interesting videos worth watching imo...!
  17. bigdogeh

There is some interesting research on lithium titanate batteries. It would be interesting to see these tests done in the video being done on a lead acid battery to see the results. https://www.scib.jp/en/about/index.htm LiFePO batteries seem fairly safe now also... A lot of boats and rv's...
  18. bigdogeh

Are AGM batteries worth it?

I switched over to group 31 agm batteries about 4 years ago. (2 starting and 2 house) The pure lead batteries from Can Tire that are expensive. (over 400 each plus tax) At the time I wanted to have something that I thought was going to be reliable for many years. All the hype lead me to believe...
  19. bigdogeh

WTB - Garelick Kicker bracket

I thought that would probably be the case. I just sold it on kijiji about half an hr ago. People are out looking at this time of year. Hope you have success in your search.
  20. bigdogeh

WTB - Garelick Kicker bracket

I just posted it on kijiji. (cleaning out a few items around the house) Maybe this link would work. Not really sure what they are worth actually. Only used in fresh water. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1425359114
Back