Search results

1. M

2016 Sooke Reports

3rd time out for us in the past two weeks(it was slow for us) finally got some spring action off of possession biggest was 14 lbs. Also got into a school of hatchery coho. They are bigger then last year at this time.
  2. M

Sooke2015

Hi there n2013, yes beecher bay all the way to aldridge is great with the westerly like yesterday. It is also good when there is lots of fog, many times the bay is clear but sooke is socked in. For easterlies it is not that great unless you are way in the bay. Yesterday we fished for 4.5 hours...
  3. M

Sooke2015

We also went out of beecher, it was too windy for my 14 ft tinner at sooke harbor mouth. We stayed near Aldridge just out of the wind and picked up two wilds biggest was 6 lbs. That was it for us.
  4. M

Sooke2015

Went out front of the harbour. Had about 10 fish most were small, we did manage 2 hatchery, a 5 and 8 lber. Hope the rains brings in some larger ones by Oct 1. Nice weather just a little wet but not too bad.
  5. M

Sooke2015

went out from 10:00 to 1:30, decided to get my son into some coho action headed out of the harbor to 600 ft saw lots finning but they turned out to be a bunch of small ones, got to check your gear alot. Only got three decent hits but did not stick. Also hooked in a nice spring in about 400 ft...
  6. M

Sooke2015

Went out from 12:00 to 6:00 with my son. fish off of possession, picked up a 20 and a 17 lost another around that size and released a coho. Good day, all fish were on anchovie. Only one coho in tight there. The 20 was a short fat fish and white.
  7. M

Sooke2015

We went to possession and secretary from 6:30 to 10:30 today. I can definitely say it was HOT!!!! .....somewhere else did not see any springs caught and lots of boats too. We decided to move out a bit and ended up hiting one 10 lb spring and one pink. Huge difference from last sunday where we...
  8. M

Sooke2015

went out from 6:30 to 11 near possession. Had our first hit within 5 minutes, did not stick. For the first 2 hours the fishing was great. Had 6 descent springs on but only managed in the end 2, a 14 and a 19 lber. Great day but super foggy after about 8:30. Not a single pink or coho.
  9. M

Sooke2015

Went out from 7:00 to 12:00 this morning, fished secretary and out. Had a few nice wild coho got to keep one hatchery. picked up one 14 lb spring in about 200 feet of water and released one small one. lots of pinks. Nice day on the water.
  10. M

Sooke2015

Fished from 6 to 10 possession and secretary, picked up 3 small springs 6, 8 and 12. Released lots of coho and pinks. had one hatchery but once we determined that it was it spit the hook just before the net. The springs where full of herring(6 inch). Two of the springs we caught in 300 ft of...
  11. M

Sooke2015

Went out today from 6:00 t0 12:00,fished possession the whole time, ended with 2 springs a 24 lb white and a 6 lb. Also had 3 pinks. The 24 lber was on anchovie and was almost taken by the seal there. The fish went nuts and I had to just muscle the fish in hoping the line would not break. We got...
  12. M

Sooke2015

Yes Englishmen that was on Sunday morning:)
  13. M

Sooke2015

Went out in front of the sooke harbour in the tinner. Beautiful day started at 8:00 ish went in around 11:30. Had lots of action early. Released 2 about 3 lbs, kept one at 11 lbs and lost two others around that size as well. All on hardware. Did not touch anything else we put down. Next week the...
  14. M

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Went out to beecher also and found it very slow(7:30 to 11:00) except for a 10 minute stint at the flagpole where we picked up a 13 and a 7 lber. Then nothing. Sounds like we got lucky. Both on glow hootchies dragging the bottom.
  15. M

Went out this morning from 8:00 to 11:00. Straight out of the harbour in the usual winter spring spot. Picked up a 5 and a 7 lber and a bunch of small ones. All on glow plastic. First trip of the winter since the coho. Nice day out there.
  16. M

Went out from 7:00 to 10:30 straight out of the harbor. Tried for sockeye in 500 feet of water. Very slow only picked up a pink and lost one(who knows what it was). Went in towards the bluffs and tried for springs for 15 min. Had one short biter right off of the bottom(105 ft). Saw a few fish...
  17. M

Went out today from 5:30 to 9:00. Fished possession in the fog. Caught two pinks and had a couple of strikes that was it for us. First time that I have caught pinks in the even year out here, I wonder if this is going to be a regular thing. It seemed to be a decent school, the two we had were a...
  18. M

Went To beechy head today started late, 9:30 to 1:00. Picked up a nice 26 lb red on anchovie. Looked slow out there though did not see much except for coho being caught. Calm day
  19. M

Went out for the first time in a while, started at 6:00 and ended at 11:00, straight out of the harbor. Tried bait, plastic and spoons. The only lure to work was the coho killer. We ended up with a 6 a 10 and released a wild 71 cm fish and lost one. All fish between 7:00 and 9:00. It was the...
  20. M

Went out from 8:30 to 12:00, had to test out my rivet repair. The past few trips had water getting in a little too much. Put in about a dozen new rivets. I noticed a few galvanic holes under the trailer bunks. Drilled them out and plugged those with a few rivets as well. The repairs were great...
Back