Search results

1. C

2022 Kyuquot Reports

Yes that's right but 2 fellows from Washington died a number of years ago. Maybe over 20 yrs as time flies by for me now, NW of lookout Island. Barrier Islands Found there boat still running with rods out . A third in the group opted out that day as it was rough. they had built a big gas tank...
  2. C

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Where can one find a good source for just current fishing reports . I don't need info on bait, tackle boats, restaurants, road conditions etc Thanks
  3. C

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Smoked Spring bellies are way better than halibut. I'd never waste them on a halibut. Ask any Orca .
  4. C

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Most of the bay is closed to salmon hard to see the traps from the border.
  5. C

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

What is the average weight in lbs for an 80cm Chinook? for the benefit of us old folks ?
  6. C

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I heard a story that the road to the Boat ramp in Gold River was blocked due to a local Native protest yesterday any truth to this? Word came from a resident in Gold River.
  7. C

gold river boat launch

$20 to launch and $10/day to park on roadside with no damage control. Natives have been given license to steal and we're politically incorrect to complain.
  8. C

2018 Alberni Inlet Reports

Fished for 3 days Mon-Wed Dunsmuir to Bamfield Sockeye and springs at Pill to Kirby and Bamfield to Poets Nook . Not a bite Saw none caught and a very quiet VHF scan. I thought there was a seine opening posted on DFO for 3 day opening Mon 10AM-Wed 10pm. No Seiners there as I assume it wasn't...
  9. C

Conservation Measures for Northern and Southern BC Chinook Salmon and Southern Resident Killer Whale

A bonk on the head is more effective than a slow death by poison
  10. C

old posts ascending order prevails

I need help with how to find descending order for posts. It seems that this forum wants to default to old posts showing first which are of little use to me. It seems a lot of people have gone away from using this forum because perhaps facebook has stolen a lot of past members frustrated with old...
  11. C

16ft Lund

Looking for a 16ft Lund or similar with 20+ HP and trailer . Send any info to cabazon2004@live.com
  12. C

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

What was this Parade all about past Critter Cove 4 pm July 27. Nootka Sound charters. A dozen Grady's eating each others wakes
  13. C

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

If they approach you on your port side and see the red on your light they must give you the right of way and alter there course accordingly. This can be tough when rocks and the beach are involved.
  14. C

Port alberni sockeye

Speaking of Notices Here's what we noticed Friday Morning July 7 2017 at the north entrance to San Mateo Bay. A self imposed opening by ??? Longest net I've seen in a few years hauling in the Sockeye while we fish on by with barbless hooks and 2 day limits as we should be. His vessel is tied to...
  15. C

Reporting?

Definite lack of informative posts here. It's almost June and it seems as the years pass the more the" Loose Lips Sink Ships" theory applies. Hope to see more good posts here soon by fisher's other than the regular positive prediction hype by the Guide Community. I seem to struggle to get the...
  16. C

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

You must mean Port Hardy as the road from Sayward is all pavement
  17. C

2017 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

May suggest a larger mesh on the sporty traps to avoid these small prawns.
  18. C

Halibut Anchor - How Much Rope?

There is no safe way to anchor for Halibut. Two major tragedies in the last few seasons involved professional guides.... one in Winter Harbor and one recently, in Tofino . The pressure to produce for High paying clients out rules better judgement in these cases . Many times they wait too long...
  19. C

Best salt for brining bait...

Shar-Kar has big bags of coarse salt I've used it for brining salmon for smoking etc for years really Cheap
Back