Search results

1. R

Sooke2015

Had a 45 minute fish on sunday around 3 between the harbour and bluffs. No nibbles, but really didn't put much into it :) Also had my boat broken into last week and lost most of my fishing gear plus gps/sounder. Tied up to a private dock in sooke harbour. Lesson learned, nothing can stay...
  2. R

Sooke2015

Fished today after work in front of the harbour for about an hour. Caught a 10ish lb spring on a cop car coho killer in about 80-90 feet. Long skinny guy.
  3. R

Mooring Ball Installation Wanted in Sooke

Not sure what your waterfront area is like, but at my old house I built my own. It was a bit ghetto of a build, but worked well. I built a raft on the beach so it would float on a high tide. Essentially I lashed a bunch of logs together. I also happened to have an old chunk of dock that...
  4. R

Browns Bay

That is some poor luck, but good fishing :) What sorta depth were you at? Heading there for sat. I was there a few weeks ago and most of my fish were caught at about 75' on the rigger. Reid.
  5. R

New Tarps for a 21 foot Trophy Boat

I did. I just purchased the canvas top and the frame, as i had the Eisenglass panels. The price was decent, quality seems good. No problems so far and everything fit correctly. All snaps lined up perfectly with my OEM sides/front/drop curtain. I am contemplating getting new...
  6. R

Sockeye location near mill bay

Ya, that has been a thought of mine. Just tough to swallow the fuel bill. I also tend to fish for solitude, so that throws that out the window :)
  7. R

camble river sockeye fishing

There isn't whirl pools there, but the water is still moving fairly well. You are north of the narrows, as was perviously said. It isnt easy fishing, but it isnt bad. I managed to do it single hand, which was mainly an issue due to the amount of boats. The wind does blow in there, and there...
  8. R

Sockeye location near mill bay

With all the sockeye running on the inside, anyone have any locations near mill bay that you can catch them, excluding pender :). I am not sure if you can go off Galiano or somewhere closer to catch them. I am guessing most have already crossed by that point, as I have commercially fished them...
  9. R

Brown'a Bay Launch Facility

I used the browns bay launch on sunday to launch, aided, and then today to retrieve, unaided. I will agree that having no dock sucks, I am used to launching at Cow Bay for free, with a dock. However the launch wasn't nearly as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. Parking was a bit...
  10. R

camble river sockeye fishing

I live in mill bay and was highly anticipating lots of sockeye fishing off pender, but got fed up with waiting. I trailered the boat up to Browns Bay (just north of campbell river). The launch, as said, has no dock but was fine to use for my 21 foot trophy. It is easier if you have someone...
  11. R

DIY mooring buoy advise

I recently redid mine. I built a barge on the beach from logs and poured the concrete into a big 185l bucket. I was also lucky enough to get a bunch of old bc ferries chain that was very very heavy for the ground chain. I wont be able to pull it and inspect it, but I can dive on it. I filled...
  12. R

Removing back to back seat boxs

I did it on my old 14' double eagle. I cut them out, then ground down the fiberglass lip that was there. After that I fiberglassed in wood blocks to mount the pedestals to. I also painted the floor and inspected it well with the seats out, as it made it easy. The frames came out pretty easy...
  13. R

Pender Bluffs

Fished the bluffs yesterday afternoon after taking the wife to the saltspring market. Lots of stuff showing on the sounder, lots of boats. Only a pink to show for it. I didn't see anyone else bringing in fish, but also wasn't looking that hard.
  14. R

Squamish?

Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I assumed. I will look into those marinas. Thanks again, Reid.
  15. R

Squamish?

I currently live on vancouver island and know lots of spots for various species around here. I am more than likely moving to whistler this summer and am contemplating where to keep my boat. I know there is fishing around horseshoe bay, but no idea what it is like up near squamish. I believe...
  16. R

Kicker Bracket

I have a 1999 2002 with a fixed kicker bracket from a guy in Duncan. If that is the style of 2002 you have, I can take pictures of the setup. I had to customize the bracket a bit to change the angle, as it put the engine too high, but now that it is all setup it is great.
Back