Search results

1. RiverBoy

WTB Fly tying vice- will consider trade on a newer TMX-5

As title says, I’m looking for a newer vice as my old Regal is getting tired. I have a newer Amundsen TMX-5 spooled with braid that I would trade if interested. also looking for fly tying materials if you have it! Thanks in advance edit: this is also for my 15 y/o old son if that changes your...
  2. RiverBoy

RST 8/9weight flyrod- SOLD pls delete

This was a high end rod but at some point prior to me owning it suffered some damage so i think this rod is best suited for a coho bucktailing rod now. $20 located in CR
  3. RiverBoy

Daiwa Wave jigging rod

Low end boat rod. good for jigging lings or what have you. $ 20 obo in CR
  4. RiverBoy

Amundsen Savy Sumo trolling rod

Carbon fibre butt and foam fore grip. excellent rod, just too heavy for 80 cm and less fish. $50 firm. pickup in Campbell River
  5. RiverBoy

What’s going on at April Point?

Cruised by there the other day with hopes of enjoying a brew and lunch on the patio and it’s closed?I can’t find anny info and all the docks have been removed ? sure hope that’s not the case. i loved going there after a days fish for a cold one.
  6. RiverBoy

moldy prawn pellets- would you use them?

i usually rotate or stir my bucket of prawn pellets all winter but i kinda forgot and now i noticed i have mold growth. do the little buggers care that much?
  7. RiverBoy

Peetz Reels for Sale

I’m tired of this display and need to change my man room up so these reels are going up for sale. The large 8” one is not a Peetz so i doubt it’s valuable. Anyways i’m thinking $60 each. far right one in the pic is a parts reel. All others work just fine. Located in CR
  8. RiverBoy

Pellet Gun Opinions wanted pls WTB

i’m looking to buy a really good pellet gun. something decent quality. i would welcome opinions on brands as well as i know nothing about them. i have my PAL so that’s not an issue if it shoots above 500 fps thanks!
  9. RiverBoy

Scotty 1106’s and 20 lb cannons?

i run 15’s on my 1106’s and im thinking about trying 20’s. Anyone do it? i know it will be a grunt for the riggers but man do i hate blowback fishing 250+ feet of water.
  10. RiverBoy

Anybody know how thick the gunnel is on a DE 185

i have to install my new trollmaster to the underside of the gunnel and the thought of going right thru is making me sick. i’m planning on using 3/4” stainless screws. i suppose i could back out one of the bolts that attach my downriggers to the gunnel i just thought i’d ask here first. it feels...
  11. RiverBoy

No luck contacting anybody at Double Eagle?!

i’m putting this out there in the hopes someone has an alternate phone number to get a hold of someone at Double Eagle? I’ve left several messages and no one ever answers or returns messages. My canvas top is on its last legs and i’m hoping to order another one. They seem fairly generic as i...
  12. RiverBoy

Changing rollers on my trailer

The rollers on my trailer and the respective washer hardware is starting to look pretty grim on my highliner trailer. Seeing as there is currently a rubber shortage in the world right now i’m suspecting they may be hard to find. Anyone know a good trailer parts store ? Also: is there an...
  13. RiverBoy

WTB Chest Waders

My youngest has taken up fly fishing and whatnot, so after selling all my gear a few years back looks like i’m on the hunt so i can fish alongside him. i’m 6’ and 220 lbs ( not in the good way ) i’m on the island but will travel and am going to Van soon. i’m looking for stocking style...
  14. RiverBoy

Attn Tofitians: or Tofino-ites

I’m headed to Tofino in April for a couple days and i’m wondering if there are any remote beaches you can drive to. also suggestions for anything else to do and places to eat would be much appreciated. i’ve been told about Tacofino but looking for dinner spots as well. thanks in advance
  15. RiverBoy

ISO youths dirt bike

Looking for a couple of bikes, actually. brand not too important but prefer Japanese one bike for a youth and the other for my son who is 6’ tall just thought i’d try here if anyone is upgrading or have something collecting dust thanks! RB
  16. RiverBoy

Old Reel....Anyone know the make and it’s use?

I’ve had this forever and i’m thinking of restoring it. it seems kinda flimsy and not great original quality. i think it could be a cool bottom fishing rig.
  17. RiverBoy

Rod repair question

i have an older hali rod that i love but one of the eyes threads are in really tough shape. i wanna re -wrap it with new thread but what i’m not sure about is what kind of epoxy to use? any insight on this? thanks!
  18. RiverBoy

2000 Johnson 8hp kicker

Perfect running motor but it’s displaying the classic Johnson paint peel issues of its era. comes with auxiliary tank, fuel hose and original manual Asking $550
  19. RiverBoy

Tight kicker help!!

Well i just picked up a nice new to me Yammy F-8 tiller controlled kicker to replace my old, but perfectly running Johnny 2stroke 8 hp. turns out now i’ve got clearance issues galore with this new kicker. the tiller handle is offset to the left and it will be next to impossible to turn the boat...
  20. RiverBoy

Spreader bar alternatives?

I was watching a show on tv the other day and David Murphy was showing his home made hali rig. He didn’t show it very well, but from what i could gather he is using a 2lb weight which is sliding between two swivels or something? then a big butt piece of mono? anybody see this before? any...
Back