Search results

1. TelStar26

Can I see your PropHalo install??

I did go back and talk to Joanne, she double checked the part number and confirmed I had the right one. Also got ahold of the company who makes them and they told me they've sold a few hundreds without issues. I ended up taking it to my buddy's fab shop and he welded a couple inch extension on...
  2. TelStar26

"World Record" Rock sole

That was my old man 😆 He said it tasted great!
  3. TelStar26

The closest I can get it is shown in the second two pics. Yes I could probably do as you suggested, But I like things just right, Specially on a bran new outboard, drilling holes into it, it'll prolly be on there for the next 10 years of me owning it, I just don't really want to compromise. I...
  4. TelStar26

Understood.
  5. TelStar26

Sure, if you have the time, Thank you
  6. TelStar26

I would have, but the bracket doesn't extend back far enough.
  7. TelStar26

Yup, looked at doing that, but the bracket doesn’t extend long enough. Makes me wonder if the Halo Ring was labeled incorrectly, or poorly designed for this motor… The focus of the post was leaned towards seeing if guys agreed that this style of prop guard should be inline or ahead of the prop...
  8. TelStar26

Downrigger and kicker placement, boat width, turning radius, depth of line, current, weight of cannonball, A million things can contribute to this. It does happen… Not a helpful comment for anyone. We’re all here to learn. But not about you. :)
  9. TelStar26

P thanks for the pic, looks to me like the ring is pretty well lined up with the prop. As I would suspect. Thanks for this one..
  10. TelStar26

Went to install a prop halo and came across an issue. I think... Here for opinions. So I aligned the halo "ring" in line with the tips of the prop blades. (My thought was either there, or ahead of the prop by a bit. In my head, this would give the best angles for the line to be held off away...
  11. TelStar26

Otter proofing fenders

Ammonia with chilli powder spread around the edges of the dock with a cheep princess auto chemical sprayer kept my section of the dock 100% otter free all summer...
  12. TelStar26

Any experience with Général Components Heaters?

Also considering one of the General Components heaters from Sherwood. Is anyone here using one? If you do, I’d appreciate the opportunity to ask a few questions :)
  13. TelStar26

WANTED: Gloomis Pelagic Series :WANTED

Found one, Bump for one more :)
  14. TelStar26

WANTED: Gloomis Pelagic Series :WANTED

I know it’s a long shot, but would love to get a match for the rod a have. I’d consider any Pelagic Series, but would prefer the same model and length shown below: Any leads on one of these rods would also be greatly appreciated…
  15. TelStar26

2022 Sooke Reports

He was back floating and the engine running when I came in early evening..
  16. TelStar26

Opinions on the new Trophy XL Tyee LR Mooching Reels

How much line are you letting out? I’d be running these on downriggers, but on the lake like 100ft back, plus the distance down…
  17. TelStar26

Opinions on the new Trophy XL Tyee LR Mooching Reels

Kinda bringing this thread up from the dead, came across it while searching google… ‘Seeing if any of the above peps who still own these reels can comment on them. Now they’ve been on the market for a while…. Happy with them? Any issues? What are you targeting with them? That sorta thing…...
  18. TelStar26

WANTED: Merc 4.3 Intake Manifold :WANTED

Thanks for the help guys, Just got one ordered.
  19. TelStar26

WANTED: Merc 4.3 Intake Manifold :WANTED

Looking for a manifold for an ‘02 merc 4.3 v6. It has vortex heads and 2 barrel carb.
  20. TelStar26

Airmar TM-275LHW ......

Good point about the rooster tail. It had crossed my mind at one point, but forgot about mentioning it above. I wonder if the a TM has an easier time reselling down the road. Not needed to be a specific hull angle...
Back