Search results

1. K

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished Kitty on Monday. 4 springs and 1 nice coho. Lost another couple that we never saw. All around the tide change. Plug down deep and hooch on the other 125-185ft. One was just under 20lb and the others were nice dinner fish around 68cm. Dogfish on the hump and everything caught off hump.
  2. K

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was rods down around the crack of noon today around Lazo and the black and yellow marker. We went one for 2 and boxed a nice 10 lb spring, lost a coho before we could tell if it was hatchery or not. Humpback whale action and the wind was nothing by 3pm. First day out in my boat in more than a...
  3. K

Costa Rica questions

I remember sitting on the beach in Brasalito just north of Tamarindo, watching rooster fish feed and play in the surf 10 feet off the beach. I thought if I ever went back to just have a spinning rod and a few buzzbombs would be epic good times. Good Luck!!
  4. K

2018 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Was out Sunday to Kitty for a few hours in the morning, rods down by 8:15. 2.5 hours of nothing on the scanner, no bites, no bait. Moved over to Grant's to check it out, no bait, no bites. Coho Point for the low tide, no bites, no bait. Full tour of the Salish Sea and saw no other boats with...
  5. K

2018 Winter Harbour Reports

Past 4 days in WH. Small boat so limited to where we go. Coho limits easily. One small spring, but we did see a few landed inside by Cliff Pt and did lose one about 20 lbs beside the boat as well. Did some jigging and got some lings up to 75cm's, all inside waters. No hali's as we did not...
  6. K

Bimini replacement?

The quote was for something better than what I have now as far as craftsmanship and quality and was worth his price. Unfortunately I'm on the cheap so I'm looking for someone to reuse my frame and replace the canvas. Anyone have any leads?
  7. K

Bimini replacement?

Looking for someone to replace the canvas on my boat top this winter. It's a simple one piece top for my 15 foot Arima. I've been quoted what I think is an unreasonable price and looking for alternatives in the Comox Valley or Campbell River area. Would even take to Nanaimo for the right...
  8. K

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

We had amazing weather for the three days we were fishing, and were able to get to Cliffe Pt with no issues everyday, making the run in from Port Alice. This being just my second real trip to the area I have to say I love it up there, the scenery is just amazing and although we didn't see a lot...
  9. K

2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Headed up to Quatsino this week for a few days. My boat is small and usually better off inside, Cliffe Point is achievable safely. Is the rest of the inside worth a try at this time? We will be launching daily in Port Alice most likely, so I'm curious about some of the areas maybe around...
  10. K

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Was out playing the coho lottery this morning and did well, we boated at least 25 fish total, mostly keeper size but not clipped. Ended up with our 4 hatchery coho, one which was about 9 or 10 lbs, awesome fish! We also caught a small keeper spring that ended up being the whitest meat I've...
  11. K

"Alone" T.V. Show....

Awesome show. Loved it all. The mental game showed so early on some of them and you just knew they weren't prepared to get it done. Was so happy Alan won, he deserved it. Good production, don't change a thing. Can't wait till next season.
  12. K

2015 Campbell River Reports

Few hours at the green can tonight, one undersize spring and a small ling to the boat. Saw a few fish caught and lots of pinks jumping but we had no luck for anything worth keeping.
  13. K

North coast expedition: From reverie to pucker and back again

Amazing trip report. Your traveling companion is one lucky dog. Thanks for sharing another of your epic adventures! When i saw your report up on the forums I had to prepare to lose an hour or two following your adventure, and it did not disappoint. Cheers!
  14. K

Powell River 2015

Flat day so headed over to Coho Pt from Comox. Pinks were the fish of the day, caught and released at least 6. They were in deeper water out a bit, pulled a couple from below 200ft as I was looking for something better. Humpback whale, Porpoises. Good Times.
  15. K

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Pinks are good fresh, no doubts there. Freeze them and they turn into Hali bait. Fun to catch as I've been surprised with the power of Pinks on lighter gear. I'll take a Chinook or Coho any day for smoked or bbq. Friend at Kitty on Thursday, 5 springs. I have not had much luck in our area...
  16. K

If B.C. banned treble hooks and barbed singles....

First dibs here! I'd jump all over that. Wouldn't change my fishery much since that is what I use 90% of the time anyway and my freezer is in good shape. Bad technique will lose you fish with no barbs, so don't use bad techniques and you will still catch lots, easy.
  17. K

"Alone" T.V. Show....

I do feel bad for the poor guy that got dropped off on top of the bear den in the first episode. Can't wait to see what these guys do when the wolves or cougar show up. Awesome series, can't wait to see more.
  18. K

Alberni Inlet 2015

I'm assuming most people are up early fishing the sox. Anyone having any luck in the evenings?
  19. K

2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Started at Lazo for an hour or so picked up my first coho of the year, was a hatchery. Headed to coho point once the wind went down a bit, nothing. Had lunch on the back side or Harwood on the sand then headed to Grants where we released one undersize. Amazing day for a tour of the area but...
  20. K

Powell River 2015

Went to Grants for the low tide, saw nothing on the sounder. Stayed for 1.5 hours and decided to head to Kitty in hopes of finding something better. Looks like we missed a couple of beauties at Grants ;) Nice day in the sun anyway.
Back