Search results

1. carpeweekend

Tuna Fisherman Wanted - Sept 8th -12th

Late notice but one of our crew has had to cancel for the Bamfield tuna derby which runs from Sept 9th - 16th. Have a buddy joining us on the 12th or 13th through the duration of the derby but we are one man short for the start of the derby (Sat) through to Tuesday. We get up to Bamfield on...
  2. carpeweekend

Go Slow Whale Zone Port Renfrew to Bamfield

Planning a trip to Bamfield in a couple of weeks and may trailer to Port Renfrew rather than Port Alberni. Would head out early and work our way around to Bamfield, doing some fishing on the way. Weather dependent and would look at forecast the day prior. Does anyone have a good map of the...
  3. carpeweekend

Halibut Anchoring System - $500

Located in North Saanich. Halibut anchoring system put together by Trotac Marine. Designed for up to 25 foot boat. 475 ft. of 1/2 in. rope. 34 ft. of 5/16 in. chain Danforth type anchor The only thing you have to ad is the rope from bow to stern on your boat to clip the anchor rode too...
  4. carpeweekend

2000 Yamaha 9.9 4 Stroke For Sale - $100

Needs a new tiller handle or use for parts. Engine runs well but handle throttle mechanism on tiller needs replacement. Sidney/North Saanich area.
  5. carpeweekend

Timbren versus Airbags for Towing

Looking at adding either a suspension air bag system or a Timbren suspension enhancement system to my 1 ton GMC Denali for towing. I will be towing my new boat with a goose neck trailer and trailer/boat combination will likely be around 18,000 pounds when fully loaded. Thoughts and comments...
  6. carpeweekend

WTB - Fish Cleaning Station

Does anyone know of a source for a company that sells or custom builds a small fish cleaning station suitable for a dock? Not looking for anything too fancy. Something that I can attach to my dock, probably 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 feet wide. Stainless steel, no sink. Would consider a used one if in...
  7. carpeweekend

More Poachers Fined

https://globalnews.ca/news/9356820/illegal-fishing-bc-ban-fines/ Glad to see but as we all know, just the tip of the iceberg.
  8. carpeweekend

Vacuum Sealer For Sale - VacMaster VP112

I have owned this sealer for about 8 years and it has always performed admirably. Hasn't been overused as I have only used it for my own personal fish processing. Great shape as you can see. It can handle small or larger bags. This is a commercial grade sealer that cost about $1200 new...
  9. carpeweekend

New Salish 33' Liquid Metal Custom Build

Recently sold my business and decided to take the plunge and have my dream boat built. Looked at several different brands including Walker, Eaglecraft, Northwest, and Coastal Craft. All great boats and manfacturer's but decided to go with Liquid Metal in Sidney. Small company with a great...
  10. carpeweekend

Early Halibut Opening

Good news. Halibut is opening on Tuesday. Category(s): RECREATIONAL - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada Subject: FN0067-Recreational - Fin Fish (Other than Salmon) - Halibut - Fishery Opening February 1, 2022 Effective at 00:01 hours February...
  11. carpeweekend

Herring Sale

Anyone know if there is a herring sale this year in Victoria? It is usually in January.
  12. carpeweekend

First Tuna Trip - Bamfield Tuna Shootout

I thought that other aspiring tuna fisherman would like some insight from someone who also just dreamed about getting out there for several years and perhaps learn from our mistakes. Having upgraded my boat to a tuna fishing worthy aluminum boat last year, I decided to attend the 1st Bamfield...
  13. carpeweekend

Insulating a Fish Box on an Aluminum Boat

I have a newish 27' Aluminum with a huge fishbox in the floor. Was heading to Rivers Inlet for a 5 day trip and wanted to ensure that my ice lasted for the entire trip. We were planning to anchor out for most nights with a few nights at Dawson Landing but regardless, we needed a way to keep...
  14. carpeweekend

Deck coating for aluminum boat?

I am looking at different options to apply to the aluminum deck on my fishing boat. The existing deck can be a bit slippery when wet. It was suggested that I use a product called Raptor which is what is used for spray in truck box liners. It is tough, can be mixed with a gripping texture, is...
  15. carpeweekend

Outboard Motor Stand - almost free

I built this outboard motor stand. It is on castor wheels. Works well but don't need it anymore. Your for a small donation to the Sooke Net Pen or other worthy sportfishing organization. Will leave it up to you as to what is fair. I am located in North Saanich. PM me if you would like it.
  16. carpeweekend

Bad Fuel From North Saanich Marina?

Went out last Tuesday (the 29th) to fish the Sidney area but only got about a km away from my marina before both of my engines shut down and I got a "water in fuel" alarm/notice on my gauges. Went to the water/fuel separators and both were completely full of water. The engines are 2020 Suzuki...
  17. carpeweekend

Sport Fishing Institute of BC Raffle

Just got an e-mail about this. Great cause and some great prizes: https://sportfishingbc.rafflenexus.com/s/tqZa80_axm3jNT
  18. carpeweekend

White Spring Recipe

I know that there are mixed thoughts on White Springs as table fare but I challenge anyone to prepare a White Spring fillet with this recipe and not be impressed. I stole the recipe from a the Globe and Mail of all sources. A few odd ingredients but a pretty simple recipe. I have made it a...
  19. carpeweekend

Trolling Motor vs Running on Main Engines?

I bought my dream boat in July, a 2020 Raider 270 Offshore with twin 200 Suzuki's for power. Absolutely love the boat but am already over 100 hours on the engines. Not worried about gas mileage as the Suzuki's seem to sip gas and I love the ability to troll using the electronic troll switch...
  20. carpeweekend

Roof Rack for Aluminum Boat

Just bought a new 270 Raider. It has a huge roof with two rails running the length of the roof. I want to be able to carry kayaks on the roof and would love to set it up to carry other gear too - prawn traps, crab traps, etc. I got a kayak rack set up from Thule but the cross rails are not...
Back