Search results

1. N

Report from Tofino, a little late

My wife and I spent Aug 15 to Aug 25 in Tofino. Our boat, camper and pickup were stored up there from our last trip, so we flew from Boise Idaho. We got the boat launched the first day and watched the guides and private boaters come in with big tubs of fish. We were excited. The Springs were...
  2. N

Tofino Report 6/28 to 7/7

I just left Tofino after a 10 day trip. I pulled my boat, pickup and camper up there and 2 buddies flew in from Kentucky to fish with me. I kept the boat in the water at Marina West and fished almost every day. The fishing is just great this year! We managed to figure the fishing out, with...
  3. N

Heading to Tofino. Any reports?

I will be pulling my boat and camper to Tofino on June 25 and meeting some buddies up there. I am wondering if there are any reports of how the fishing is in Tofino. I haven't seen any reports posted lately. Thanks in advance, Marty
  4. N

Heading for Tofino

I am heading for Tofino next Thursday. I will fly out of Boise and have 10 days to fish. My boat, trailer and camper are stored up there. This will be my third and last trip of the year. I will pull the boat home after this trip. I am sure hoping for nice weather and for fish to be around...
  5. N

Question about "deep trolling"

I have been reading about deep trolling and see the suggestion of trolling about 10' above the bottom. I am wondering if that is an actual 10' above bottom and takes in to account the blow back from the downrigger. For example if in 150' foot of water and there is 30 degrees of blow back on...
  6. N

Heading for Tofino

My wife and I are flying out of Boise tomorrow. We will arrive in Tofino in the late afternoon. Our boat, pickup and camper are already there waiting for us. We will have 8 days to fish. I see great fishing reports and the weather looks like it will be great! I will post a report mid-week...
  7. N

Report from Tofino

I arrived here Sunday evening and got the boat ready to launch. Bella Pacifica is a beautiful RV park. I can sit and look out over the ocean. I launched yesterday morning. It was a little too rough for me offshore, so I fished inshore spots. It was pretty slow for me. I got one coho and...
  8. N

Heading for Tofino

I left Boise and am in Seattle, heading for Tofino. I will be there tomorrow (Sunday) for a week! I hope the fishing holds up. Does anyone have any reports? I will post reports. If anyone would like to fish for a day or so, let me know. I have a 22ft. Hewescraft. I am staying at Bella...
  9. N

Made our summer reservations for Tofino

I got my reservations made for Tofino for this summer. We are going to head up the last week of June and fish through the first week of July. We are staying at Bella Pacifica RV park and keeping our boat at Weigh West Marina. Then we will fly home and store the boat and pickup/camper up...
  10. N

Lowrance Structure/Side Scan for Salmon

I have a HDS 10. I fish the west coast of Vancouver Island. Most of our fishing is done in 100-200 feet of water. I am wondering if the Side Scan would show fish out the side at 100+ feet. I know that the greater the range, the smaller the fish marks. So, would SS/SS/DS be useful to me...
Back