Search results

1. S

Strategic Salmon Health Initiative

Any news on this ? I can’t seem to find anything. AA you being the king of research, can you help ? Thought there might be something about the prv virus. Thanks .
  2. S

Raw food diet for dogs

My gal just got a new puppy (8wks old).The breeder like most nowadays it seems to recommend the raw food diet. Yes it’s more expensive but lots swear by it , claiming it as more natural and healthier for the dog . I was surprised when we took the pup to a vet for a check up and got chastised for...
  3. S

Flushing an outboard

Has anyone used vinegar in a barrel with water for flushing their outboard? Thanks
  4. S

Campbell river fish processing

I am looking to get my salmon filleted , vacuum packed and frozen in Campbell river in the end of July. Being optimistic I will be successful in Nootka . Anyone have got fish processed like this in Campbell River. Thanks.
  5. S

2018 Port Alberni derby news

How is it going
  6. S

Pickled Herriing

I keep missing local herring sales in the fall , winter to get a bucket of herring to make some pickled herring which I love but never made before . Anyone got a nice recipe would be greatly appreciated!!! When could I get some fresh herring ? Nanaimo , French creek ? I'm in Ladysmith. Thanks...
  7. S

Viruses in present bc salmon farms

Dfo site says no Atlantic salmon eggs imported from 1985 to 2009 have been from Norway . So I wonder when and where the present viruses are from in the bc fish farms . Agentaqua you seem to be say on articles , any idea ?
  8. S

Knuckle buster reels

My 20 year old Shimano reels are getting sloppy . Bought a new one last year and don't like it , not as good as the old ones . Anybody tried an OKuma knuckle buster ? What about Islander reels ? What are your favorites ? Thanks , Salmonholic .
  9. S

1995 185 campion explorer @ Galleon Marine

Upon inspection I noticed the glass had cracked along the port stringer . Inserted a flat screw driver and found soft wood for about an inch. Ian from Galleon said he didn't look to closely when he took the boat on trade in . What??? !!! Naturally I walked away , waste of time and money on two...
  10. S

Galleon Marine Richmond

Has anyone dealt with Ian at Galleon Marine Richmond. I am looking at new to me 1995 campion explorer they are selling. Any suggestion for inspection of transom etc. ? There is no marine survey, should I pay for one , being a twenty year old boat? Motor is pretty new ,not so worried about that...
Back