Search results

1. S

2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Has anyone heard a run forecast for springs returning to port alberni this year? Thanks
  2. S

2021 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Any news on the road to china creek. I take it slow because of the washboard and bumps , be nice if it is graded with fresh crush but never seen that .
  3. S

Ghost Nets left fishing in Port Alberni after FN opening

Did anyone see the fish in the net ? Just wondering about verification. Not that I don’t doubt it . Dfo told me today the net was snagged on the booms . Guess the owner was too lazy to go to the trouble of disentangle the net . What a waste. The natives are still wanting $3.50 @ lb for fish...
  4. S

Port alberni Inlet massacre

I have no problem with the commercial or native openings , just hope there is fish in decent numbers for the derby
  5. S

Port alberni Inlet massacre

I just talked to Mike Spence at dfo in Port who said the other nights gill net opening caught 18,000. Last night’s native opening caught about 5,000. There is about 5,000 in the river now and they look for about 20,000 to reach escapement target . Still saying a return of about 91,000...
  6. S

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Ya I love my AP cop car needle fish spoon , spent a few days at China Creek fishing and my AP spoon outfished my anchovies . Never seen that before.
  7. S

2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Dfo usually has openings the week before the derby .
  8. S

Lights out hot fishing this morning from leaning tree to the narrows. Just over 1/2 hr every were you looked boats had nets out . Big thanks to Andrew P cop car needle fish spoon , it out fished anchovies this trip . What fun !!!
  9. S

Lone tree was quiet this morning. I had a friend do well at mactush this morning. Go figure I fish north and it was good south. That’s fishing lol.
  10. S

Wow , its real quiet on Port Alberni reports . Anybody catching fish around china creek? Thanks
  11. S

2020 herring mid island

March 09 is the full moon. Should be some spawning by then . Keep checking dfo pacific fisheries notices . They are doing sonar soundings now and the odd test set . No spawn yet . I usually cast off the french creek break water for them when they are in . High tide early in the morning is best ...
  12. S

What makes a good prawn trap??

Has anyone found the 24 inch bauer traps outfish the 18 inch by a big margin. I like my two 18 inch bauers and thinking of getting two more as I too think they outfish my round ones . Thanks.
  13. S

Strategic Salmon Health Initiative

Any news on this ? I can’t seem to find anything. AA you being the king of research, can you help ? Thought there might be something about the prv virus. Thanks .
  14. S

Raw food diet for dogs

Thanks Casper , nice looking dog husky cross ?
  15. S

Raw food diet for dogs

Thanks Whitebuck , we are on the island in Ladysmith. Doing Mountain dog food right now and thinking of going to Buddies.
  16. S

Raw food diet for dogs

Raw as in comes frozen raw , thaw and feed . Raw bones are good for dogs , cooked bones are not as they can splinter and cause problems.
  17. S

Raw food diet for dogs

We were considering a doodle dog but all the breeders contacted insisted on the pup being fixed as early as 8 weeks old . My research suggested this is not healthy, better to wait till after 1st heat . I think early spay / neuter is just a business decision by the breeders .
  18. S

Raw food diet for dogs

My gal just got a new puppy (8wks old).The breeder like most nowadays it seems to recommend the raw food diet. Yes it’s more expensive but lots swear by it , claiming it as more natural and healthier for the dog . I was surprised when we took the pup to a vet for a check up and got chastised for...
  19. S

Herring roe fishery

Thanks searun for your constructive input .
  20. S

Herring roe fishery

1955/1956 catch of herring was 250,960 ton . That seems more like historic levels.
Back