Search results

1. Nanooser

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Fishing was great out at Ballenas earlier this week, haven’t had a chance to post. Our guests from down south enjoyed watching a humpback feeding in the area and we tied into lots of fish, took home two early teen springs. One white and one so red it looked like a Sox. 155 -180 on a hiccup...
  2. Nanooser

Any updates on fishing around Ballenas & area? Got some tourists from back east looking to get out for a rip.
  3. Nanooser

Always very slow for me out of Schooner from July out. This year was exceptionally good right up until recently. Maybe others have had more success, the same old spots and techniques haven’t yielded much compared to FC and other spots. PS, lots of bait right off shore along Blueback last night...
  4. Nanooser

Had some luck this morning on the north side of Winchelsea at the east end coming up into about 230’ with green glow lime hootchies at 150’ and 210’, a few unders a couple just legals and a few hits to keep things interesting after what was a long drought. A few other boats with nets out tells...
  5. Nanooser

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Out Sunday morning by Gerald and was surprised to see a 17' boat sitting high up on the rocks on the north side of Gerald. Perfectly level, quite a few fishers checking it out, anyone know the story behind it? One 8lb spring close to Douglas, ball on the bottom, army truck hootchie, was...
  6. Nanooser

Gerald Island produced this weekend, 150' deep in 180' with the splatterback hootchie did the job. Lots of fun playing those first "training sized" fish of the year. They make up in enthusiasm for what they lack in size! Anyone watching me solo net that last one on Sunday morning must still be...
  7. Nanooser

Nice haul! Thanks for the report and lets hope this is a sign of what the season will be like.
  8. Nanooser

2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Fished French Creek last night with lots of fish marking and lots of hits at 150' on green splatterback spoon. One coho landed, thinking the hits were small fish? Heard good reviews from those fishing Sangster, and with it being this calm on the water, you could almost walk over there! Would...
  9. Nanooser

2014 ECVI Nanoose Bay, French Creek Reports

Fished the 10am bite off Winchelsea sticking with the kite tail flasher and lime green hoochie with a jughead. Persistence paid off with my first of the year, a 15lb spring. 4 orcas feeding right against Winchelsea and heading north west at that time.
  10. Nanooser

ECVI Nanoose, French Creek Report

Out for the evening bite, north side of Gerald and west side of Douglas,pretty quite, one small spring at 200' another at 140', lots of boats out. Hope someone got into them!
  11. Nanooser

ECVI Nanoose Reports 2012....Gerald/Ballenas and area

Its been a couple of weeks since I've been out and things were pretty slow for me then, wondering how and where the action has been lately? Thanks!
Back