Search results

1. falcon1

Weekend at Elk Lake

Were any of you fishing off the dock at elk lake?
  2. falcon1

Handling Fish

I just saw a post that made me remember something I witnessed from the summer. At elk lake, my dad and I were fishing at the fishing dock alonside a bunch of other guys. Someone hooked into a huge rainbow. If there are any rivers that a steelhead could get in through then that must have been...
  3. falcon1

Uploading vids

How do we upload video clips other than from youtube?
  4. falcon1

Gulp and Powerbait Tips

I got the last sale at the now closed ( :( ) westshore fishing and tackle shop. Bought a new rod, 6 freshwater lures, and a bunch of saltwater powerbait. The list goes as such: 1x Pink 5" squid (gulp) 1x 5" swimming shad (powerbait) 1x Lime Tiger 3" squid (gulp) 1x New Penny 5" squid (gulp)...
  5. falcon1

Sunfish in the Winter from shore-please reply quickly

I need a break from exam sudying!!! I'm going to walk down to florence lake and fish from shore. I'm not using bait. What are some god small lures I could bring? Flies? Jigs? Please reply quick.
  6. falcon1

Bad News on Thetis Lake

http://www.sharphooks.com/club.aspx?subpage=fishingforum&action=showthread&thread=2364 Exlains it all :(
  7. falcon1

Squid and Octopus Ethics

I have heard of people catching these on occasion. I have also heard it mentioned occasionally that instead of keeping the whole thing for bait, you can cut off a tentacle to use. Is this ethical? I know the tentacles will grow back but is it fine to take one?
  8. falcon1

New (Old) Lures

I was recently given a bunch of new and used lures. I don't know what many of them are, or how to use them. So I am asking for help identifying, which ones are good, which maybe not so much etc. And please if anyone knows how to use the 'teardrop' lure of the smallish one that looks sort of like...
  9. falcon1

Stangest Catch

What are your guys strangest catches? Mine isn't that weird, but a 15lb chum that wasn't supposed to be around for another month or two. I'm sure you guys can top me easily.
  10. falcon1

Reel Problems

I have a small baitcasting reel, that I really want to get working. It is in excellent condition, but it has a strange fault. Whenever you cast, the line in the reel instantly turns into a birdsnest. I am wondering if the line I am using is too heavy (10lbs). Should I go lighter?
  11. falcon1

Your Dream Fish

What are the fish that you have always wanted to catch? It could be a fish that you have caught before, or one you have always wanted to but never had the opportunity or time. Doesn't have to be a heavy fighter, or a giant. Mine are: Freshwater: common carp or wels catfish Saltwater...
  12. falcon1

Esquimalt Lagoon and Witty's Lagoon

Can you fish at either of these places? As a child, I went to both spots in the summer, not to fish but to play. At witty's I remember wading out into water 2' deep, and catching glimpses of large sculpin, 6-8" sole, and what may hae been surf perch. At esquimalt, there is this little stream...
  13. falcon1

Stories

Everyone has heard a weird stories abot a body of water near them. I thougt I would share one I know and see if anyone else knows any. I heard this one from my grandpa. True or not, these stories in my opinion are fun to hear. There has been a rumor around Cowichan Lake about a gigantic...
  14. falcon1

Where to Shore Fish

http://victoriadiving.awardspace.com/intro.html Nautigirl posted this lnk on another thread and I have been looking through it recently. although it is a dive site, it lists all kind of places where good fishing could possibly be had. After all, divers like the fish too right? So I'm...
  15. falcon1

Excellent link for shore fishing around Victoria

http://shorecaster.bizhosting.com/locations/locations.html Nothing to explain. I hope this is useful.
  16. falcon1

Ogden Point

Hows the fishing out there right now? And are there any other places to fish from shore around Victoria that will be productive right now?
  17. falcon1

The Gulp Test

I will have two rods with me at lookout lake tomorrow, so I am going to bait one with the usual (worms), and on the other I will put gulp salmon eggs. The container says outfishes live, so I am putting that to the test. Will post the outcome.
  18. falcon1

Best place to fish on the weekend

Me and a couple buddies (Kadin if you are on this forum, Hi!) are thinking about going fishing this weekend. What is the most productive lake on Vancouver Island? How well are the carp biting at elk lake? I wouldn't mind a light tackle fight with a 10-15lb fish. Is corn the go to bait still?
  19. falcon1

Lookout Lake

While trout fishing a week ago, something nibbled my bait that felt way different than a trout or a perch. I was thinking that if there were bullhead in the lake, that this might be one. I then heard that there was indeed bullhead in lookout lake, up to around 2 lbs. How long have they been...
  20. falcon1

Ogden Point/Breakwater

I want to try fishing there, but I'm not positive my rod is strong enough. It is technically a freshwater rod, and it hyas a spinning reel. It is the rod and line I am worried about though as the reel is meant for saltwater as well as fresh. Is 10lb test strong enough?
Back