Search results

1. T

2020 Nanaimo Reports

I didn’t take any pictures of them, don’t want to start a lynch mob/witch hunt - but do want to share this in case it happens to someone else - who knows maybe he’ll read this and laugh. The Martha Focker is a new regular at Schooner, for his own sake, hope he figures out that this kind of BS...
  2. T

2020 Nanaimo Reports

Fished out of Schooner Cove on the 20th, and had a great day jigging Salmon, with many shakers and a few legal springs. However.... Disappointed with the craptain of the “Martha Focker” (no joke). These guys were proudly driving like azzhats, laughing and smiling while driving too close and...
  3. T

2020 Nanaimo Reports

Looking to cover a captains fuel and bait costs, and throw in some gear for an early morning fish on July 20th out of Nanaimo/Schooner/French. Sold our Double Eagle two years ago, regrettably. Familiar with the waters from French to Lasqueti down to Thrasher. Have our own gear, husband and...
  4. T

Costa Rica Fishing Charter Deal

Will be heading down to Costa in February/March and looking to split an offshore charter as I will be the only one on the boat. Split everything, approximate cost is $1100CAD for a 9 hour charter out of Quepos, not including guide tip. Feb/March is arguably the best time for bill fish and...
  5. T

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Pretty quiet out there yesterday at FC, and little q, beauty day to be out - nice to have some reprieve from the wind. Found bait off the humps in 400+ but couldn't get anything to eat. Been a slow year for us. Was hoping to cross to Texada, Lasquiti, Sangster today. Will be watching the...
  6. T

2015 Nanaimo Reports

Some great looking fish recently guys, thanks for posting.
  7. T

Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Fishing has picked up for us recently, seemed that there was a lull in the action for the past week. Launched the Pesca Lobo at Schooner and headed to the North End of Ballenas where my gal's uncle had already boated several large springs. Picked up a few Chinook, but nothing noteworthy, the...
  8. T

Fishing has picked up for us recently, seemed that there was a lull in the action for the past week. Launched the Pesca Lobo at Schooner and headed to the North End of Ballenas where my gal's uncle had already boated several large springs. Picked up a few Chinook, but nothing noteworthy, the...
  9. T

Headed out to through Dodds Narrows and around to Thrasher to get away from the swell. Fished around Thrasher and found a limit of Ling, had a great fish fry when we got home. No nets out on the other boats we saw, and no salmon for us. Headed to Entrance and hit a few shakers, more bottom...
  10. T

Headed out to through Dodds Narrows and around to Thrasher to get away from the swell. Fished around Thrasher and found a limit of Ling, had a great fish fry when we got home. No nets out on the other boats we saw, and no salmon for us. Headed to Entrance and hit a few shakers, more bottom...
  11. T

Nice to hear about the keeper Ling off of the fingers. Not many keeper Ling around, but plenty of undersized to keep us busy - encouraging to see the small slot numbers returning. Fished a couple of our Ling holes and have yet to hook into anything of notable size. My gal has to beat her PB of...
  12. T

Nice to hear about the keeper Ling off of the fingers. Not many keeper Ling around, but plenty of undersized to keep us busy - encouraging to see the small slot numbers returning. Fished a couple of our Ling holes and have yet to hook into anything of notable size. My gal has to beat her PB of...
  13. T

Fished the fingers three times this week, picked up two springs - a 13 & 16 on our first night, other than that, nada for the fingers for us with the exception of bottom fish. Headed north to Winchelsea and Ballenas, lots of other boats out most days and a lot more herring. Fishing was on and...
  14. T

Fished the fingers three times this week, picked up two springs - a 13 & 16 on our first night, other than that, nada for the fingers for us with the exception of bottom fish. Headed north to Winchelsea and Ballenas, lots of other boats out most days and a lot more herring. Fishing was on and...
  15. T

Need prop advice

Making the move to a stainless prop with the same pitch will make a significant difference, especially with hole shot. Stainless doesn't flex like cast aluminum, so you get better performance out of the premium material.
  16. T

Great updates, thanks for the reports! Great to here that the blue backs are providing some fun this year.
  17. T

Great updates, thanks for the reports! Great to here that the blue backs are providing some fun this year.
  18. T

Shawnigan Lake Trout

Another go to for stocked trout are size 2 or 3 Lyman Plugs. Any color works, it's the action that gets the fish to take, bigger fish usually as they are more predatory. You can also try a silver deep diving Rapala, with a black back or a 2" Count down Rapala in Brown Trout. Good luck to...
  19. T

Spring Walleye trip to the Columbia river in Castlegar

Thanks for posting that video Admin, out of all the videos I occupied my time with before the trip, this was one that I have not seen. What is good to know; the walleye fishing doesn't pick up until later in the year. We fished those exact spots, and I mean exact! With the same techniques, and...
  20. T

Spring Walleye trip to the Columbia river in Castlegar

You bet, I neglected to mention that we decided to head above the dam and fish the Lower Arrow instead of another day spent on the river chasing ghosts!
Back