Search results

1. nicnat

Prawn Bait pellets for sale (SOLD)

I have 28lbs. of prawn pellets for sale, these work well especially with a bit of herring or prawn oil added. I'm in north vancouver so mainland people only please and 1st come 1st served, $20 for the 28#'s, not interested in splitting it up. cheers nicnat
  2. nicnat

Fisheries minister is toast!!!!!!!

Wooohooooooo looks like our incompetent fisheries minister is history, that's a start, lol.
  3. nicnat

Quick sale

for those looking to sell their boat quickly, I put mine up on FB marketplace 2 days ago and it sold in an hour, lol, 1st guy bought it, no sea trial, he didn't even start the engine, I had stripped it down of riggers and all rod holders sounder etc., the boat was filthy hadn't had a chance to...
  4. nicnat

Octopus prep and recipes

I love octopus, cooked pretty much any way and as sashimi. I order it when it's available on menus while in mexico (huatulco has some great restaurants, had some of my best octopussy there) , as an appy here in greek restaurants and in the sushi joints. at home, I buy the packages of frozen...
  5. nicnat

Live Dungeness Crab $45 lb

today at superstore in North Van seymour, never seen anything like this, I'd post the pic but this site makes that a PITFA.
  6. nicnat

Trophy XL tyee qr reel spindle

the screw in the top of the spindle sheered off flush with the spindle while tightening it the other day, has anyone here dealt with this problem before? I assume the spindle unscrews from the base of the reel, I've tried to unscrew it without too much pressure and thought I'd inquire here...
  7. nicnat

whole bone in pork legs .99/lb

whole bone in pork legs on for .99 a pound at save-on foods (in North Van for sure), they look to average around 25lbs.
  8. nicnat

2 scotty depthpower electric down riggers, SOLD

these work perfectly and have braided line, not sure how old as I am selling them for a friend. they have the old style plug and do not have the receptacle or mounting bracket. $200 each firm. I also have 1 10# round cannon balls $10 . will be putting them on cl in a few days if not sold...
  9. nicnat

Putting a T Top on my 17 1/2' alum center console

this looks like a great deal, does anyone have any experience with these t tops? what have any of you that have this type of boat used for a t top...
  10. nicnat

recovering floor on 18' aluminum center console

I am going to recover my deck with kiwigrip which will stick to pretty much anything according to the directions. I have a rubber based covering now which has been great but looking a bit beat up. there are a few areas, maybe 15-20% of the deck which I have scraped down to the bare aluminum, it...
  11. nicnat

Berry's Bait and Tackle spring sale

is on now until april 23, some good deals always to be had at this sale. http://www.berrysbait.com/
  12. nicnat

Transducer cable cut, options?

I had my lawrance LMS-527 transducer and temp cable cut in an attempted theft of my motor. along with all the cables, hyd steering fuel ignition battery etc, lol. so I am wondering if any of you have spliced the temp and transducer cables back together with any success and no difference in...
  13. nicnat

possible Blob results

just pondering over this very lackluster fishing season over much of the coast, at least so far. I'm thinking many of our returning runs would possibly have run through this huge blob we had off shore for much of last year during their migratory routes and maybe we are seeing the consequences of...
  14. nicnat

Berry's father day sale

starts tomorrow and runs thru till June 19th, one of the better sales of the year for the mainland people. great store and great people. http://www.berrysbait.com/sale.aspx
  15. nicnat

WTB used commercial type crab trap

looking for 1 or 2 used commercial or similar style used crab traps. my good ones have been lost or stolen, not looking for anything with net mesh or the square folding traps. I am in north van so I could pick up pretty much anywhere in the lower mainland area. definitely not looking to go to...
  16. nicnat

Replacing rollers on highliner trailer, starboard on bunks

I have a half bunk half roller trailer, I'm about to replace the rollers, most of which are kinda seized, any tricks or easy way to get the end caps off would be appreciated. I'm also going to put some starboard on the bunks and I was looking at the composite deckboards at rona and home depot...
  17. nicnat

Berry's Bait and Tackle sale

mon apr.13 till sun. apr. 19th. one of the best sales of the year, some great deals to be had. just a heads up for anyone lookin for some new gear. great store and great people.
  18. nicnat

Smoking marbled springs

I"ve done a fair bit of hot smoking in my bradley smoker, sockeye, coho, pinks, red springs. however I have never smoked a white or marbled spring and have a few in the freezer from fishing the cap this past week. So I'm looking for advice here from anyone who has smoked these (especially...
  19. nicnat

2003 suzuki 90 hp 4 stroke short shaft w/ controls

this is a great motor and has been well maintained, I am upgrading to a new 115hp etec for a little more power. It is still on my boat (at lionsgate marina presently) and can test be test driven for the next little while. I'm hoping to sell it before I repower in the next few weeks. I am asking...
  20. nicnat

Which new 120 hp 4 stroke to buy?

i currently have a 2003 90hp suzuki 4 stroke on my 17 1/2 foot aluminum boat. this has been a great motor, no issues or breakdowns at all, i want a little more power than what I have and have decided to buy a new 120 hp 4 stroke, and sell or trade my 90 hp. I'm looking for input on your...
Back