Search results

1. G

Ling Cod/Halibut Plastic Grubs - Modification

Hi Looking to remove the center of plastic grubs, like powerbait, so that the collar of the jig heads does not split them when threading them on. Any suggestions on how to do this besides using a drill? I know that some charter boat captains in Alaska do this technique. Thanks in advance
  2. G

Harbourcraft, 2008,2025 discovery Trim tabs

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install trim tabs on this model of boat along with the model of trim tabs used?
  3. G

Mystery Plug

Does anyone know who made this plug? I just went through some old tackle boxes for the purpose of rejuvenating my personal tackle box.
  4. G

Wanted : Used Tomic tubby

Looking for used Tomic tubby lures. Preferably in 5 and 6 inch
  5. G

Raymarine Axiom 9

Any input on this unit? Looking to upgrade and I was told that this would be a good unit for saltwater fishing anywhere on the coast. Any other ideas?
  6. G

HDS 7 Issues

Hi all, I have a HDS 7 and I am having a hard time finding and tracking bottom. I also cannot see bait and fish arches. It will work minimally in shallow water but really struggles in deep. Do you think that this issue is transducer related or is it something wrong with the machine? I...
  7. G

Do I fish them or sell them?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zeCtndDoQmJ2Ccfx8 What is your opinion? Do I use them this summer or sell them to interested buyers? Never tried them before. But I love pulling plugs for springs.
  8. G

Hds7 issue

i recently came back from a week fishing and was having trouble with my fish finder. It is a lowrance hds7 with a stock 200/83 transducer. It would not find bottom on the 83 frequency and would with the 200 but it struggled past 250 feet. Is this a transducer issue or is there a...
  9. G

Fly tying polar bear hair

I have some 3” polar bear hair. Mainly natural colour. Not sure if I want to sell it but I am not really using it anymore. Anyone interested? I’ll post some pics soon.
  10. G

Trim tab anodes

Hi all I have lenco 9x12 trim tabs on my boat and was wondering what size anodes I should mount on them, 2" or 4"? Thanks
  11. G

Stacking downrigger with tuna cord or gangion

Has anyone tried making a 15-20 foot tuna cord sure stop downrigger stop so that two releases can be attached for stacking? Any success? I was thinking of doing this with the understanding that there would be bow back from the resistance. Any others try this for I hate the plastic...
  12. G

Trim Tabs on a Thunderjet

Looking to add trim tabs to my Thunderjet 20' Chinook. It has a split engine platform so installation of trim tabs might be difficult where the platform drops. Im looking for suggestions on what type to buy and if there are any Thunderjet owners out there with a similar boat, how did you get...
  13. G

Scotty Rod Holder Extender

Hi Just wondering if anyone has added the Scotty rod holder extender to the booms of their downriggers to bring the rod holder to a more accessible location? If so, do you suggest upgrading? Thanks
  14. G

Need prop advice

I presently have a thunderjet 20 Luxor o/s with a 150 hp Yamaha. My existing prop is 14.25 x 17. I can only get about 4800 rpm out of the engine. I personally think my engine is not performing to its potential. What prop changes can I make to help me get more rpm out of my engine thus...
  15. G

Ling Cod jig weight

I am looking at buying a mold to make jigs for ling cod. I presently have 2 lb jigs but find them quite large. What size and shape should I be looking at purchasing? Thanks.
  16. G

Need a good mooching rod for a Islander reel

My girlfriend bought me a islander mr2 mooching reel for Christmas. I want to get a nice rod to fully appreciate the quality of this reel. Any suggestions? I will be using this rod/reel for trolling for salmon primarily.
Back