Search results

1. S

2022 Sooke Reports

2 medium size springs, 5lb hatchery coho, and a copper rockfish for our hard work today. The best part today was watching fisheries bust 3 knuckleheads for trying to keep a wild coho, then the 3 knuckleheads broke the winch strap on the boat trailer ( now your an A hole and your center stage...
  2. S

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

I was just looking over the regs and noticed Area 12 Chinook closes August 16th ( today ) is that correct? Or will there be changes made?
  3. S

I've seen it all now

Looks like he's hooked up. Gas is only 5 cents a liter in Venezuela, doesn't need to fuel up here with his yachts.
  4. S

2020 Port Hardy Reports

Noticed the same black ring and fin rot on the red snapper that I released this year. I hope the snappers don't have another issue to deal with this year. Maybe someone in the know can elaborate on the issue. I will add that the snapper that I released with a defending device needed to have 5lbs...
  5. S

2020 Sooke Reports

2 times out this year with xraps crazy fun.
  6. S

North Island Kayak Fishing

Bere point campground, people run boats all the way around malcolm Island to fish there. You can be fishing within 1 minute, stay close to the kelp, the bay can be quite sheltered from the wind. Campground is undeveloped and low on amenities but beautiful location.
  7. S

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

It was the worst fishing that I have had in 20 years. Weather held us away from regular hot spots and it was 2 weeks ago things change. I hope things improve for your trip. Beautiful there regardless.
  8. S

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

With Chinook salmon staying closed for the next couple of weeks, can someone inform me if any other salmon are being caught in the area? Coho?
  9. S

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

All i see is money spent to count every year to see that we are not doing enough. I think spend that on programs to make sure we do more.
  10. S

So we try to make our human presence neutral is that it? Protecting the Frazier river seems to be the most unlikely challenge of all rivers, why not use it as our fishery supplement and keep the rest as natural as possible? We are falling behind regardless.
  11. S

Can someone explain to me why we can't copy the Columbia River hatchery on the Frazer River? What is the cost yearly for that hatchery? I've returned heads and it was 80% Columbia fish, why are we not doing our part?
  12. S

2020 Sooke Reports

Anyone out today notice the crazy number of coho jumping? I threw an xrap saltwater on my spinning rod, what a blast.
  13. S

When do Shiners usually come back in to marinas? (Fishing with Kids)

I think the mussels and worms are the problem, all the docks are clean of them now. No food no fish.
  14. S

Kinked leader

Pool noodle. Stick in hook, wrap line, then push swivel in foam. I keep my first 2 sets in a small sink on my boat sandwiched between rags.
  15. S

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Any sockeye this far up?
  16. S

2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Was very disappointed with the grounds keepers and the failure to keep up the maintenance of alder bay the last 2 years. I had a great trip 2 weeks ago and only used alder bay as a launch site as I stayed on the water. I did notice that the new owners had an excellent break water in place and...
  17. S

2018 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Mitchell bay holds some salmon and is very protected. lizard point is semi shielded from the wind but has a better chance for salmon.
  18. S

Best day of fishing of my LIFE!!!! take a look:)

DFO should reward reporters with some free fishing licenses, a little insensitive, for policing ourselves. Good job
  19. S

2018 Alberni Inlet Reports

Sockeye open for 2 fish a day with 4 possession? If so when does it go to 4 a day?
  20. S

2017 Sooke Reports

I've adopted the term from wicked tuna GOOGAN. This applies to the weekend warriors and boat renters that have no idea. Share your knowledge to the uninformed and excuse the ones that will, but try not to be a googan on purpose.
Back